Mr. Rooter Celebrates Polite Day
The D.C. Council recognizes March 20 as Polite Day; a citywide pledge to step out of one's daily routine and take time to be kind to one another. Here at Mr. Rooter, we constantly strive to deliver the highest level of customer service and politeness in all we do. We ensure courteous and professional service through our 14 Steps and by always living out our Code of Values. Join us in celebrating Polite Day by following these 14 simple steps to demonstrate politeness and consideration to those around you:
- Greet others with a smile and say hello when walking by, even if you don't know them.
- Be grateful for even the smallest gestures and remember to always say, "Thank you." A simple 'thank you' can go a long way.
- Avoid interrupting others and remember to listen, think, then speak.
- When starting a conversation, begin by asking questions about the other person. Don't make the conversation all about you.
- Open doors for others, male or female, every time you enter or exit a building.
- If on public transportation, kindly offer your seat to the elderly and/or women, especially in unique circumstances such as injury or pregnancy.
- Don't be afraid to compliment others on a job well done. Words of praise are always appreciated.
- Avoid negativity and don't say anything about anyone that you would not want him or her to say about you.
- Show respect to your elders and those in positions of authority by being mindful of their wisdom and experience.
- When in doubt, always ask permission before using or touching something that is not yours.
- When coughing or sneezing always cover your mouth. No one wants your germs.
- Be on time. Lack of punctuality shows disrespect for the other person's time.
- If you accidentally bump into someone, immediately acknowledge him or her and say, "Excuse me."
- And above all else, abide by the golden rule: treat others the way that you would like to be treated!