Mr. Rooter Septic Service, Repair & Installation in Albany NY
Mr. Rooter® Plumbing of the Greater Albany area is the septic system expert capable of handling all repair and maintenance needs. From Albany to Amsterdam to Saratoga we are always standing by with fully trained technicians and the latest septic system equipment ready to handle all your needs. We not only handle your emergency home plumbing needs but we are one of the few plumbing companies that are just as prepared to handle an emergency septic issue.
When properly installed and maintained, your septic system is designed to last for as long as you own your home. The design of these cost-effective alternatives to the City sewer system is intended to provide your home with on-site sewage disposal. However, in addition to proper installation and design, the health of your septic system relies on proper treatment and maintenance.
Some things you and your family can do to properly maintain your septic system include:
- Be thoughtful about what you put in your garbage disposal; homes with garbage disposals typically have 50% more solid waste in their septic system, making the chances of clogs that much higher
- Only flush paper materials that are biodegradable down the toilet; things like cat litter, baby wipes, and feminine napkins should be thrown in the garbage can
- Use a limited amount of household cleaners; using large amounts of disinfectants, bleach, and other cleaners can disrupt the balance of your septic system
- Do not rinse things like coffee grounds, egg shells, or grease down the kitchen drain; these materials should not be in your septic system
Installation and Repair
Taking the time to make an informed decision about the right septic system for your home is an important long-term investment. After all, your septic system should last the entire time that you own your home if it is chosen and installed correctly. The experts at Mr. Rooter of Albany have the skills and experience to provide you with the information that you need regarding things like:
- Pump style: Typically determined by budget septic pumps come in two types – centrifugal and turbine.
- Tank design: The type of soil in your yard plays a big part in determining which septic tank
- Size: The most important consideration is septic tank size, this is usually determined by the number of people in your home.
Once you know what kind of tank best fits the needs of you and your family, it is important to determine the frequency that you need to have your tank pumped. This varies depending on several factors and Mr. Rooter of Albany has the knowledge and experience to provide you with all of the information that you need to determine your septic system pumping schedule. Most often, a pumping schedule of once every 3 to 5 years is enough for a family of four. During the time that your tank is being pumped, the expert plumbers from Mr. Rooter of Albany will also inspect your tank to determine if it needs any maintenance of repair. It is important to keep your tank well cared for to maintain its longevity.
The team at Mr. Rooter of Albany has proudly served our clients septic tank needs for more than 40 years. We believe that from the moment that you contact us the relationship is established and we want you to trust that choosing us is the right choice. We will work to keep your system running its best all year around and will do so with courtesy and respect.