Are You Ready for a Plumbing Emergency? What to do When Your Heater Breaks Down
Thursday, April 9, 2015 - 9:28am
For most homeowners, plumbing doesn’t typically cross your mind until you’re staring an emergency in the face. But as soon as the water starts backing up in your sink, overflowing in the bathroom or spilling out onto your basement floor, it can feel akin to the sky falling. In order to avoid being left in the cold due to a breakdown of your heating system, it’s wise to take the following actions:
- Form a relationship with a source for water heater repairs local to Oneida.
- Get acquainted with the basic functions of your hot water heater and related components.
- Be aware of ongoing system maintenance requirements.
- Visually inspect your appliances on a regular basis.
Your Heater Doesn’t Seem to Be Working. Now What?
Whether you feel cold air coming out of your vents or are experiencing a complete breakdown of your heating system, there’s no time to waste. One smart step you can take is to reach out for advice and water heater repair services from a certified plumber. The next is to do some basic troubleshooting to identify the severity of your problems including:
- Inspecting the thermostat to see if it’s active, and if there are any signs of damage to the wiring.
- Seeing if there’s a disturbance to your gas service, and if so, contacting your gas company.
- Checking the power source and replacing batteries if necessary.
- Looking for damage to sensors and signs of corrosion.
- Checking the control board for a warning light and confirming if it’s operational.
- Seeing if the air filters are clogged, damaged, dirty or not properly installed.
- Being realistic about your diagnostic capabilities and not being afraid to call for help.
What to Consider When Inquiring About Water Heater Repairs in Oneida
Handling water heater repairs is often an easy fix for an experienced plumbing company. When considering which heating repair company in Oneida to hire, ask the following questions to ensure you’re hiring the best.
- What’s your process and expertise in diagnosing and repairing water heater issues?
- Are you licensed and insured for water heater repairs in Oneida and the surrounding areas?
- What is your schedule and availability? Do you provide around-the-clock service?
- What do you change to come out and look at my heating system?
- How do you bill, and do you offer fixed pricing?
- Do you guarantee your workmanship and parts?
Find a Plumber with a Reputation for Top-Quality Water Heater Repairs in Oneida
It’s nearly impossible from the average person’s perspective to predict when and if your water heater is going to break down. But an experienced plumbing company is not only equipped to provide fast and efficient water heater repairs, it can also help you avoid emergencies all together by providing advanced diagnostics and preventative maintenance plans.
A close relationship with a reliable plumber is an invaluable asset for any conscientious homeowner. Get in touch with Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Oneida for more information and to schedule your water heater repair today.