Sewer Line Services in Encinitas
The sewer system for your home or business can be crudely divided into two sections; the internal sewer system and the external sewer system.
The internal system is made up of all of the drains in your plumbing system, which work to carry waste and wastewater away from your appliances and fixtures.
These drains manage a significant amount of used water and solid materials on a daily basis. And, that makes them susceptible to a drain clog or build up.
The drains in your home or commercial building are all connected to the main sewer line; this would be considered the external section of your sewer system. The main sewer line is configured to carry used water and waste out to the municipal sewer line.
You pay a monthly fee to be connected to the municipal sewer line, and it is responsible for carrying the collective waste from all drains in your home and the main sewer line all the way to the closest treatment plant.
While the sewer system as a whole seems fairly simplistic, the materials that it manages are far from it, and that means that clogs and leaks can happen.
Signs That Your Home Has A Sewer Line Problem:
While the key to minimizing damage from a sewer line problem is to identify that there is a problem sooner than later, it’s not always easy to know.
But, if you watch for these signs, your sewer system will tell you when there is trouble:
- Strange of gurgling noises that are coming from your toilet
- Drains that won’t drain or that drain very slowly
- Sewer odor coming out of your drains or toilet
- More than one fixture malfunctioning at the same time
Any one of these scenarios could mean that your sewer line is in trouble. In fact, it is virtually impossible for the toilets in your home or business to function properly if there is a sewer line problem.
Sewer line malfunctions are a property owner’s worst nightmare. Not only do they cause a huge mess, and leave you with widespread damage but, they also can cause a serious environmental concern.
This is especially true if you live in an area where there are protected wildlife areas near by. Thankfully, the team of experts at Mr. Rooter of Encinitas and surrounding areas has significant experience with these types of situations.
What Causes Sewer Line Breakdowns?
There are a variety of reasons for a problem with your sewer line to arise. One of the main reasons is a lack of maintenance. It is important to have your sewer line serviced on a regular basis, preferably one time per year.
Some of the other causes of sewer line breakdowns include:
- Build up or corrosion. This is usually caused by large amounts of health and beauty products, shaving cream, hair, grease, starch from foods, waste, and wads of toilet paper
- Tree roots. A tree’s roots system is designed to help the tree grow and thrive at all costs. That means the root system will travel far and wide to find food and water. Unfortunately, your sewer line is filled with just the sustenance that a tree’s root system is looking for.
- Aging pipes. If your pipes are very old, they may need to be replaced altogether. Some of the materials that pipes used to be made from are not safe to use as they get older.
Making sure to have regular sewer line maintenance for your system is the best way to make sure that none of these scenarios leads to a sewer line disaster at your property.
What can I do about a sewer line problem?
Even with regular maintenance, there are those times when a sewer line will start to show signs of wear and breakdown. Luckily, these situations can be quickly identified during a maintenance appointment, and you can choose from these methods for repair:
- Maintenance. Having regular maintenance appointments is important. Our team can do video camera inspection appointments so that you can see an up to date view of the condition that your sewer pipes are in.
- Pipe relining. This is a trenchless pipe repair method that essentially adds a sleeve to the inside of your broken or cracked pipes, which adheres to the inner walls of the pipes - basically creating a seal from the inside out.
- Pipe bursting. This method is for trenchless pipe replacement. Without having to dig a large trench in your yard to remove your old pipes, we can burst your broken and cracked pipes apart and replace them with a new pipe.
At Mr. Rooter we service all of Encinitas, Solana Beach, Cardiff By The Sea and surrounding areas, you can rest assured that you are contacting a comprehensive and professional plumbing service. Who is dedicated to getting your sewer lines back in working order as soon as possible, limiting your downtime.
Whether you need trenchless sewer pipe repair or replacement service or, you want to schedule a sewer line maintenance appointment our team is just a phone call away!
We have years of training and education, the necessary equipment and tools for all manner of sewer system repair and replacement, and we are bonded and insured so your property is protected.
All of our work and the parts that we use are guaranteed, so you know that you are getting the best. And, we will provide you with upfront pricing so that you can make informed decisions about how to move forward with your sewer line replacement or repair.