Water Heater Repair in Encinitas
There are very few tasks or chores that you can do inside of your home without your plumbing system. In fact, anything that has to do with general living in your home - requires your plumbing system.
Things like taking a shower in the morning, preparing a meal for your family, and making sure that everyone has clean clothes and dishes all require your plumbing system.
And, more specifically they all require hot water.
Each month when our water bill and power bill arrive, the water heater can be held accountable for a good portion of those dollar amounts.
Common signs of water heater trouble:
Because your water heater is installed somewhere around your home that is not in your direct and daily line of sight, it is important to know the signs of a water heater malfunction.
If you know the signs to look for, then your water heater will tell you when it needs service or even replacement. Make sure to be on the lookout for these common signs of water heater trouble in your home:
- There is no hot water or not enough hot water. It could be the heating element or the thermostat
- It takes a long time for the hot water to heat up. You know that time after someone takes a long hot shower where the hot water is “used up”. If that amount of time seems to be getting longer and longer before there is hot water again, your water heater probably needs some service
- The water heater tank is leaking. If you ever notice any leaking from your water heater tank, contact us right away.
If you notice any of these signs of water heater trouble around your home, make sure to contact us right away. It is always better to get a small issue fixed rather than a major disaster cleaned up.
Why is my water heater having trouble?
There are many reasons that your water heater might be struggling. It is a very well-used appliance in your home. And, if it is a conventional tank water heater, then it works around the clock to make sure that you have hot water all the time.
Some of the main reasons that your water heater might be having trouble are:
- No maintenance. Even though you don’t see your water heater every day, you do use it every day, and it is important to schedule regular maintenance for it.
- Rust. The inside components of your water heater can start to rust as the water heater gets older. This will usually cause your water to turn reddish.
- Sediment. As the water inside of your water heater tank gets hot, the mineral deposits in the water create a sediment layer that collects on the floor of the water heater.
All of these things will happen to your water heater with time and use. That’s why it is important to schedule regular maintenance and to know how old your water heater is and when to replace it.
What are my options for a new water heater?
If you are in the market for a new water heater, you might consider having a tankless water heater installed.
These systems are the most energy-efficient and longest lasting water heaters on the market now. It used to be that a standard tank water heater was your only option when it came time to replace your aging water heating system.
But, now you can choose from either a conventional tank water heater and a tankless water heating system.
And, our team of experts can provide installation, maintenance, and repair services for both your tankless and your standard tank water heater.
A tankless water heating system works so that the pipes that the water moves through are heated up so that water is available on an as-needed basis. This is directly contradictory to the standard tank water heating system, which keeps water on-hand around the clock.
Both systems have their pros and cons. And, both provide you with the hot water necessary to get your important daily tasks done.
Whether you need water heater maintenance or repair services, are in the market for a new hot water system and would like a tankless water heater installed in Encinitas, Solana Beach or Cardiff By The Sea - you can count on our team to provide you with exceptional customer care and the latest water heater techniques.
We are an owner operated business, and we value each of our customers just like our family and neighbors. Our professional team members will treat your home or business with respect, you will receive upfront pricing, and all of our parts and workmanship is guaranteed.