If you know you have a problem with your septic system, call us right away to get service at your home in Katy. If you aren’t sure that you have a problem with your septic system, it is still a good idea to have it checked before the winter months.
Some reasons why your septic tank needs repair or replacement services:
- If you notice that your yard has puddles in it and they have a bad odor, then your septic system may be failing. You may need to have it checked to make sure it is working the way it should.
- If your home has consistent backups, then there is a problem with your septic tank. You may need to have your septic system emptied, cleaned, or replaced in the worst cases.
- If you have a well and a septic system, have your well water checked if you think there is a problem with your septic system. If there is a leak from your septic system, it can contaminate well water and introduce nitrates, bacteria, and other contaminants that can make your household extremely sick.
- If you see green grass around the drain field or septic tank area, then you could have a leak that is hazardous and needs immediate attention.
- If your septic tank is older, consider replacing it if you have constant problems with clogging or odors. Also, have the water at your home checked to make sure it isn’t contaminated on an annual basis. This test will help you know that you are safe with an older tank, or you need to replace it.
- Once you have Mr. Rooter inspect your septic system, you will have the options in front of you to choose a replacement tank or to have repair services performed. A professional will let you know if your tank is damaged to the point of needing a replacement and if your water is still safe!