Stuff the Turkey… Not the Drain: 10 Tips for a Happy Thanksgiving
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Portland/Vancouver offers these 10 tips to avoid a kitchen drain problem during the holiday season:
- Don’t put turkey skin or bones, celery stalks, onion or potato peels down the garbage disposal.
- Avoid pouring grease into the drain.
- Throw large quantities of scraps in the trash, not the sink.
- Wipe out greasy pans and plates with a paper towel before washing.
- Rinse dishes thoroughly before placing them in the dishwasher.
- Run hot water into the garbage disposal before, during and shortly after use.
- Regularly use microbial drain treatment, such as BioChoice, to help prevent grease, sludge or soap build-up.
- Don’t over-load the garbage disposal. If it stops abruptly while in use, turn the garbage disposal power off and press the re-set button (if available) under the sink.
- If you suspect a problem, don’t operate the dishwasher and garbage disposal at the same time.
- If the kitchen sink backs up or if you experience any other drain or plumbing problem that could dampen your holiday spirit.
Call Mr. Rooter Plumbing at 503.284.2237 or 360.604.5540.
Professional. Reliable. Local. Same Price. Any Time. Any Day.