Fast, Professional Septic Tank Cleaning Orange County, Dutchess County, Ulster County, Putnam County NY
Is your septic full or even overflowing? Need septic tank cleaning in NY’s Hudson Valley ASAP?
Whether you’re in Orange County, Dutchess County, Ulster County, Putnam, Westchester or Rockland, regular septic service is important for keeping your property’s plumbing in working order. It’s like taking care of your car: regular maintenance ensures you won’t face an unexpected emergency.
Read on to learn about the importance of pumping your septic system, tips for maintaining it, and how to get the best septic tank cleaning the Hudson Valley has to offer.
For ASAP septic service, please call for a FREE, no-obligation estimate or request a free appointment online.
A friendly representative is standing by 24/7 to answer all your questions and arrange a service call that fits your schedule.
What Is A Septic Tank?
Your septic tank is a buried, watertight container typically made of concrete, fiberglass, or polyethylene. It holds the wastewater long enough to allow the solids to settle out. Your septic system also allows partial decomposition of the solid materials.
Compartments, and a ‘T’ shaped outlet, prevent sludge and scum from leaving the tank and traveling into the drain fields. Septic tanks are designed to collect all of the waste from your house, settle out the solids and send the liquid waste to the leeching system.
What Septic Tank Cleaning Prevents
If your septic tank isn’t cleaned out it might need to be replaced, which costs thousands of dollars.
A failing septic tank system can also contaminate your drinking water supply. If you want to sell your house your septic system will have to be in good working order.
Do's & Don'ts For Your Septic Tank
Here are some quick tips you can use to protect your septic system from blowing up and needing expensive emergency repairs.
Dont's for your septic system
- Your septic system is not a trash can. Don’t put dental floss, feminine products, condoms, diapers, cotton swabs, cigarette butts, coffee grounds, cat litter, paper towels, latex paint, pesticides, or other hazardous chemicals into the system.
- Don't use caustic drain openers for a clogged drain. Instead, use boiling water or a drain snake to clear drains.
- Don't drive or park on your septic system. Doing so can compact the soil and damage components of the system.
- Don't plant grass over and near your septic tank. Roots from nearby trees or shrubs can clog and damage the system.
Do's for your septic tank
- If you have a garbage disposal, DO have your tank pumped every two years at a minimum.
- DO use water efficiently to prevent overloading the system. Get all dripping faucets and running toilets repaired immediately to avoid those problems. Use high efficiency, low flow fixtures and faucets to allow for minimum maintenance on your tank.
- DO keep records of all repairs and pumpings. Also keep a record of the location of the components of the system. Especially the septic tank and any pump chambers.
- DO have your tank pumped regularly.
How Often You Should Clean Your Septic Tank
Cleaning and pumping your septic tank every three to five years will provide you with trouble free service.
To help you remember how often to clean your septic tanks clean, ask Mr. Rooter Plumbing to set up a schedule for you. We even have special 'radio bugs' that transmit a signal that helps us find the septic tank, eliminating the need to even remove a toilet in the house for access to the pipe.
How To Get Fast, Easy Septic Tank Cleaning
For the best septic service in the Hudson Valley, count on Mr. Rooter. We’ve been serving homeowners and businesses across the Hudson Valley for over 25 years, so we know New York septic systems like nobody else.
When you call Mr. Rooter today, you can expect:
- A Fast, Free Estimate & Onsite Plumbing Inspection
- 24/7 Emergency Service & Fast Response
- Top Quality Service From Local, Trusted Professionals
So whether you need septic cleaning in Poughkeepsie, Westchester, Newburgh, Mahopac, New City, Kingston, or anywhere else in the Hudson Valley, count on Mr. Rooter for fast, friendly and reliable service for all your plumbing needs.
Call Mr. Rooter Today!
Ready for a fast, free estimate on your septic tank cleaning? Call Mr. Rooter today or click here to request an appointment online.
Our helpful service representatives are standing by 24/7 to answer all your questions and send a friendly technician out to your home, business, or property.