Contact us today for a plumber in Des Moines today!
Whether you have a sink that won’t stop leaking or a clogged sewer line, our professional Des Moines residential plumbers are standing by to help. We even accept phone calls 24/7 to help you out in a plumbing pinch.
To schedule your next plumbing service, call us at any time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my toilet keep running?
If your toilet doesn’t stop running after a flush, that’s not a good sign. It could be that your float height needs to be adjusted, your flapper is leaking, or your refill tube needs to be shortened. This repair is usually fixable on your own, with some DIY tutorials. However, a plumber can also repair the situation efficiently.
Is it safe to use chemical drain cleaners?
No, it’s not safe to use chemical drain cleaners. Not only are chemical drain cleaners toxic and dangerous to children and pets, but they can also damage your pipes irreparably.
Why do my drains smell?
Drains usually smell because there is some decomposing material within the pipe that isn’t draining into the sewer system. Try putting boiling water down the drain to see if that takes care of the smell. If not, try putting white vinegar down the drain. If the smell persists, you may need to get your pipes cleaned, either with a rooter or with hydro jetting. Hydro jetting is also best left to a licensed and insured professional.
Des Moines Weather Affects Your Drains
Residents of Des Moines are used to the seasonal weather swings. Spring brings thunderstorms, summer brings heat and humidity, fall brings wind and cold, and winter brings snow. While you might be used to the rainy and wintry days in Des Moines, there’s nothing to say that your home’s plumbing system will be. Inadequate, damaged, or defective drains can be a nightmare once the weather picks up, so make sure your home’s drainage systems are ready for it by letting us perform routine inspections and plumbing maintenance jobs.
Common Plumbing Issues in Des Moines
Homeowners often assume that if something can go wrong with their home’s plumbing, then something will. Without adequate plumbing maintenance, they will be right.
A few of the more common reasons why our Des Moines plumbers visit neighboring homes include:
- Clogged bathroom drains: If anyone in your home has long hair, then you need to be using hair caught in your bathtubs and showers to help stop drain clogs from forming. Clogs can also form due to dirt and soap scum washing down the drain, meaning every household will likely need a drain cleaning service after a while.
- Garbage disposal jams: There are a lot of things that should not go down garbage disposals that often do. Cooking grease, coffee grounds, eggshells, bits of product packaging, and more are all common examples of what people unknowingly toss down their kitchen sink, thinking it is fine – until we have to show up a bit later to clear the jam.
- Leaky pipes: The winter weather in Des Moines is not the worst in the nation, but it can get quite chilling, especially during a cold snap. Unmaintained pipes can freeze when the temperature plummets, causing the water inside them to expand until the pipe itself breaks. We recommend letting us inspect your plumbing system after any deep cold to ensure no leaks have formed.
- Water heater services: Speaking of beating the cold, your water heater plays a significant role in your day-to-day comfort. People frequently call upon Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Des Moines for water heater installation, replacement, repair, and maintenance service that keeps hot water running well throughout the year.
Don’t forget that we also offer commercial plumbing services in addition to our outstanding residential plumbing services. Practically every service we offer your home can also benefit your Des Moines business if you’d like.
Importance of Plumbing Maintenance
Our plumbers commonly tell our customers to schedule plumbing maintenance. While we like to perform plumbing tune-ups, the real reason we recommend this service so often is that it is a massive benefit to our customers.
Key advantages of routine plumbing maintenance are:
- Save money on repairs: A well-maintained plumbing system inherently experiences fewer defects and breaks than a neglected system. If you want to avoid potentially costly repairs, then you’ll want to invest in your system by scheduling plumbing maintenance.
- Extend your plumbing system lifespan: A good tune-up from our Des Moines plumbing technicians acts much like a tune-up for your car. To allow both your vehicle and your plumbing a chance to run well for years and years, keep up with tune-ups.
- Peace of mind: Knowing that your plumbing system is watched and repaired by professionals will help you enjoy your time at home. No more worrying about whether or not a drain is about to cause backflow into your bathroom!
Other Plumbing Services We Offer
Plumbing maintenance is not all we do in Des Moines, of course. We offer a full range of plumbing services to keep your home’s plumbing running like new.
To name only a few of our services:
- Drain cleaning
- Sewer line repairs
- Plumbing video camera inspection
- General plumbing repairs
- Water line repairs
- Sump pump services
- Water treatment and purification
- Backflow prevention device testing
- Gas line repairs
Want a trusted team of plumbers helping your home? Call us today to connect with Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Des Moines.