The Causes of Sewer Line Damage
As a homeowner, you may wonder why your sewer line becomes damaged over time. Because your home's plumbing system runs all day, it takes a toll on the pipes, drains, and other system features. Unfortunately, many things can cause your sewer lines to stop working correctly. Our plumbers offer premier residential sewer line replacement and repair services to get your system back up and running and in pristine condition, no matter what the cause of damage is. Some of the most common causes of residential sewer line damage include in the region:
- Poor sewer pipe installation, design, or layout
- Tree root intrusion
- Poor preventative maintenance
- Build-up from sludge, grease, toilet paper, hair, and other debris
- Natural wear and tear over time
- City sewer line backups
- Ground freezing and thawing
- Earth movement, construction in the area, or earthquakes
Signs of a Broken Sewer Pipe
If you don't know what to watch out for, you might not realize your sewer line needs to be repaired or replaced. If you notice any signs, it's crucial to call Mr. Rooter® Plumbing of Olympia so our professionals can act quickly and prevent more damage from occurring. We offer competitive, flat-rate pricing on all plumbing repairs and replacements and will provide an upfront estimate before performing any work on your property. You may have a broken sewer pipe if you notice any of the following
issues in your home:
- Sewage backing up in your toilets or bathtubs
- Lack of water in toilets
- Bathtubs are draining slowly or not at all
- Lawn is flooded or parts of the yard are always wet
- Visibly greener grass near your sewage pipe
- Foul-semming odors in basement or outside
How We Fix Broken Sewer Lines
We have a few standard solutions we use to repair broken sewer lines. In some cases, sewer lines are beyond repair and must be replaced. If we determine you need a sewer line replacement, we'll inspect your property and determine the most cost-effective solution. Some of the most common professional sewer line services we offer for Olympia, WA homeowners include:
- Pipe Relining – We can give you brand-new pipes from the inside out by using a type of sleeve that prevents cracks. We start by thoroughly cleaning your sewer pipe before applying the lining. Your new pipes will be leak-free when the lining hardens in just a few hours!
- Preventative Maintenance – Our professional maintenance services can help prevent your residential sewer system from becoming damaged in the first place. We'll inspect and thoroughly clean your drains to prevent build-up from debris and avoid cracks, clogs, and bursts.
- Burst Pipe Hydraulic Replacement – Using hydraulics, this trenchless technique breaks apart damaged pipes and replaces them with new ones by pulling them through the old ones.
Sewer Line Replacement Explained
If we must replace your sewer line based on the extent of the damage, our licensed plumbers will utilize cost-effective trenchless methods that won't destroy your landscaping and property. We’re committed to helping you save time and money when providing our sewer line repair and replacement services.
Contact Mr. Rooter® Plumbing of Olympia Today
Are you experiencing signs that your home's sewer line needs to be repaired? Whether you have sewage backing up on your lawn or tree roots are clogging your sewer lines, Mr. Rooter® Plumbing of Olympia is here to help. With years of experience providing exceptional plumbing services to residents throughout Olympia, WA and the surrounding areas, including Lacey and Tumwater, we're available to fix cracked, broken, deformed, or collapsed sewer lines 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Contact Mr. Rooter® Plumbing of Olympia today to schedule your sewer line repair services or request an estimate!