Poway Water Heater Repair & Service Experts
The water heater for your plumbing system is the heart of the operation. There are few things that you can get done without it. In fact, your water heater is essential to a lot of the sanitizing activities that you use your plumbing system for.
One example is washing laundry; imagine washing a load of dirty bathroom towels without having hot water. They would not get as clean as you want them to be.
Your water heater is one of those plumbing appliances that you use on a daily basis but, rarely if ever lay eyes on. But, it is essential that you keep your water heater well-maintained and that you make it a point to check on it now and again.
The team at Mr. Rooter of Poway has the necessary skills and training to provide residential and commercial plumbing support for both standard tank and tankless water heating system.
Common Ways Hot Water Is Used (wash dishes, laundry, bathe)
Hot water is used in many different ways depending on the setting. And, all of these ways are important to productivity. Whether you have a commercial building, or you own a home, you likely use hot water in these common ways:
- Washing and sanitizing dishes. It is not enough to just wash your dishes; it is important to use hot water and sanitize them. Hot water can help to make sure that your dishes are free from food residue, which could grow bacteria and cause contamination in your kitchen
- Washing and sanitizing your hands. Whether you have a commercial business, or you own a home, it is essential to the health and well-being of everyone that you wash your hands throughout the day. And, washing your hands in cold water is not enough to kill bacteria and sanitize - you must use hot water
- Washing and sanitizing laundry. When you put laundry into the washing machine, it does contain bacteria. From dirty hands, dirty countertops, etc. and it is essential that all of that bacteria be killed so that it doesn’t transfer to the next person who uses that piece of laundry. Washing laundry in hot water helps to kill all of that bacterial growth.
Regardless of how you use hot water - it is a big part of your day and keeping yourself and those around you in a health environment. Mr. Rooter of Poway understands this, and we make it a vital part of our business to provide exceptional standard and tankless water heater repair, maintenance, and installation services.
Standard Tank Water Heaters
Many homes and businesses have a standard tank water heating system. This is the cylindrical tube that is installed somewhere in the building or home.
A standard tank water heater works to keep hot water on-hand for anytime that you will need it. These systems work by:
- The tank fills will water to the maximum capacity that it holds
- The thermostat is set to a specific temperature
- The heating element works to heat the water up to that temperature
- When water is used, the tank refills with that much water
- The heating element works to heat the water up to the specific temperature again
The process goes on around the clock, whether you are using hot water or not. If your water heater is installed in the garage or in a shop, then it is subject to the temperatures of that building. During the winter months, the water will cool off faster causing the system to work harder.
Standard tank water heaters used to be the only option for both business and homeowners. The initial investment to have a standard tank water heater installed is less, but because it works around the clock, the long-term cost is much greater.
Tankless Water Heaters
A tankless water heating system is designed to provide hot water as-needed. This means that the system only heats water when there is a need for it.
How does a tankless water heater work?
- The hot water fixture is turned on (at the sink, washing machine, etc)
- The system engages and heats up the pipes
- The water flows from the main water source through the pipes
- The pipes heat up the water as it moves through them
- The hot water is delivered to the fixture
- When the hot water fixture is turned off, the system quits and waits until it is needed again
Tankless water heaters are estimated to be 22% more energy-efficient than standard tank water heaters. The initial cost is greater, and sometimes the home or building needs to be retrofitted for a tankless system, but in the long run, the savings are much higher.
Whether you are a business or homeowner in the Poway area, Mr. Rooter can help with all of your residential and commercial water heater needs.
We have the years of experience and extensive training to provide outstanding water heater installation, maintenance, and repair for both standard tank water heaters and tankless water heating systems.