Signs of a Slab Leak
- Check all the flooring in your home. If you notice carpeting that is discolored, smells like mildew or mold or is wet, then you might have a leak in your slab foundation.
- Water pressure is usually affected by a leak anywhere in your plumbing system. It is possible if you have a problem with lowered water pressure that you have a leak in your slab.
- If you have a water bill that is higher than usual, then it is essential to inspect your home yourself for leaks or signs of leaking around and inside your home.
- You may hear a water leak before you ever see the damage of a slab leak.
Reasons for a Leak in Your Slab Foundation
- A leak in your foundation may be because of old pipes. If you live in an older home that is on a slab foundation, it may just be time to replace the plumbing.
- Roots can grow under your foundation and get to your plumbing through the foundation. Tree roots tend to grow reasonably slow, but they can do much damage to plumbing and homes.
- There is a leak because of a clog in your pipes. If you have a clog in your sewer line or secondary pipes, then one of them can leak if it is a sever clog.
Slab Leak Repair Services
A weakened slab foundation because of a plumbing leak is dangerous in a few different ways. Your foundation is no longer stable, which makes your home unstable. You may also have to contend with other health hazards like sewage backing up into your foundation and floors, or mold.
Once a home has a major leak in the foundation, it is usually not a safe place to live any longer. Calling us to get the problem fixed will ensure that you are only displaced for a short amount of time and your home should be a safe place after we leave and any other repairs to your home get finished. Check with your insurance company to see if your repairs are covered under your policy! Regular inspections by one of our licensed plumbers can help you avoid major problems with your plumbing and slab foundation.
To fix a slab leak, you should have leak detection services by our plumbing team at Mr. Rooter. Once we find the location of the leak, we can determine the best way to make the repairs and get your home or commercial location back to normal.
Typical Ways to Fix a Slab Leak
- We may have to cut into the foundation to get to the problem and fix it.
- We may be able to fix a minor issue with pipe coating and avoid cutting into your foundation.
- Replacing all the plumbing because of major problems that went too long or corrosion is also a way we fix slab leaks.
If you think you need your foundation repaired because of a plumbing problem, we offer state-of-the-art detection and repairs so that you can trust our work the first time!