Drain Cleaning Services in Atascocita
The health of your drains is important. Many homeowners don’t realize the importance of drains until an issue arises. At Mr Rooter, one of the top service calls we receive is the need for professional drain cleaning. Drain problems usually stem from either the bathroom or the kitchen, since we use these drains the most. When you start to notice any issues, it is important to contact us as soon as possible. We’ll provide the quick, effective repairs you need to ensure a small drain clog doesn’t turn into a more damaging issue that can result in more expensive and complicated repairs. We can provide the right repair approach for long-lasting results. If you’ve noticed any issues with your drains, don’t hesitate to contact Mr. Rooter.
Common Causes of Drain Issues
Drain issues can stem from many different causes. For residential plumbing, there are a few specific culprits that are usually to blame when it comes to drain clogs and blockages. These causes include:
- Hair. When we shower, we shed hair. This happens through washing our hair and shaving. Over time, this hair can become stuck in the drain, creating a clog that needs a professional touch to completely remove it.
- Non-flushable materials. Our toilets aren’t meant to handle more than waste and toilet paper. Many drain issues begin with improper items getting flushed down the toilet. This can include toilet wipes, baby wipes, and feminine products. It is important to be mindful of what you are flushing, and be sure that a material is indeed flushable.
- Garbage disposal misuse. A garbage disposal is a great kitchen accessory when used right. There are several different food items that shouldn’t go down your drain. This includes starches, eggshells, coffee grounds, fats, and oils. These can block your drain and cause unpleasant odors.
- Tree roots. While not as common as the other issues, this can happen to homes that have trees close to the building. Roots naturally seek water sources. Over time, roots can grow, surrounding your piping. In some situations, this can cause damage to a pipe, or create a blockage.
Signs You Need Your Drains Cleaned
Most drain blockages start out slow. In time, the problem will only get worse. There are DIY options that could help if you catch the issue soon enough but calling in a professional is the only way to guarantee the problem has been permanently addressed. You may need to schedule a drain cleaning if you notice:
- Bad odors. bacteria and other unpleasant debris can become trapped in your drains. This often occurs in the kitchen where food waste gets stuck and starts to decompose. Bad odors could also be a sign of an issue with your sewer lines.
- Noises. If you hear any strange gurgling, especially from a washer or dishwasher, this can be a sign of a clog. The gurgling indicates that the water isn’t able to easily travel through your pipes.
- Backup. If you notice standing water at the end of your shower, or water backing up when doing dishes, you could have a serious clog developing. This backup can leave bacteria, dirt, and food waste on the surface of your sink and shower.
Turn to Mr. Rooter
If it’s been a long time since your drains have been cleaned, or if you notice an issue on the rise, give the professionals at Mr. Rooter a call. Our technicians are licensed and highly trained in a wide range of plumbing concerns. We will find the root of the problem, ensuring long-term repair. If you’re experiencing any issues with your drainage, contact us today.