Leaky pipes can have various causes. Depending on the material the pipe is made of, such as copper or PVC, some causes are more likely than others.
Common causes of leaky pipes include:
- Corrosion: This is when water wears away the pipe over time, making it weak and causing it to crack or leak. Corrosion occurs in metal pipes, such as copper.
- Blockage: When something gets stuck in a pipe, like dirt or food, it can cause water to back up and eventually leak out of the pipe.
- Weak Joints: If the seals on pipes are not tight enough, they can start leaking at the joint where the two pipes meet.
- Poor Installation: Sometimes when a plumber installs a new pipe, they don't do it correctly which could lead to leaks later on.
Whatever the cause of the leak may be, it should be addressed immediately to avoid further damage to your home. Leaky pipes can cause a lot of damage to your home. They can make water bills higher, cause extensive water damage repairs, and create a prime environment for mold growth. To keep your home safe, it is important to fix leaky pipes right away.
Our Muskegon Leaky Pipe Repair Services
You can rely on Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Muskegon County for all your plumbing and leaky pipe repairs. Our team of highly trained professionals has the experience and knowledge needed to quickly identify and fix any plumbing problem in your home, ensuring it stays safe and comfortable for years to come.
Reasons why Muskegon residents trust us for their plumbing needs include:
- Our plumbers are bonded & insured
- We leave a clean workspace after each job is completed
- We never charge overtime fees
Additionally, we offer 24/7 emergency plumbing services, so you can rest assured that anytime a plumbing issue strikes, we’ll be there to assist you. We’re committed to building lasting relationships with our customers, so we can be the first number you call whenever you need a plumber.
Need to schedule a leaking pipe service in Muskegon? Request your service online. We look forward to assisting you!