Recognizing the Signs of a Clogged Drain
Your home’s plumbing is susceptible to foreign debris. So, homeowners must know what is going down their drains. Cooking grease, hair, food debris, makeup, and paper products can contribute to a clogged drain. The professionals at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Santa Barbara County recommend using drain strainers in their kitchen sinks and bathrooms to help prevent obstructions from forming in your drains. However, even the most diligent homeowner may encounter a clogged drain. Your plumbing may show numerous symptoms of a clogged drain, including the following:
- Water Begins Backing Up Into Your Sink
- The shower or Tub Doesn’t Drain
- Gurgling Sounds in the Drains when You Use the Washer Machine
- There Is a Rotten Food Smell
- Water Bubbles from the Toilet When Running the Sink
Why Is it Important to Clean a Clogged Drain Immediately?
Depending on the age of your home, your plumbing could be caked with buildup, rust, and other debris. The clog can put additional pressure on your home’s drains. When you need a residential clogged drain clearing professional, the best option is Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Santa Barbara County. Through years of experience, we know how to accurately identify the location of the obstruction and have the tools to deliver relief from your drains. Ignoring drain issues will only lead to more significant and costly problems with your plumbing, such as:
- Grey and Blackwater Backup Into Your Home
- Leaky Plumbing
- Mold and Mildew Growth
- Water Damage and Flooding
What’s the Best Way to Clear a Clogged Drain?
Not every drain obstruction requires a professional clogged drain service. Many homeowners have experienced a clogged drain and were able to clear them entirely on their own. If you cannot remove the clog, a professional may need to be called in to assist. We offer fast and reliable clogged drain services backed by our Neighborly Done Right Promise. The next time you’re experiencing a clogged drain in your home, follow the steps below.
- Partially fill the sink with warm water. Use a wet cloth to block the overflow hole or plug the second drain of a double sink.
- Use a cup plunger to plunge the open drain.
- Work the plunger up and down a few times, then remove it. Repeat the process multiple times to work the obstruction down the drain.
Schedule Your Residential Clogged Drain Clearing Today
Homeowners throughout Santa Barbara, CA trust our professionals for drain cleaning services. As your local plumbing leader, we love helping our community by providing reliable, high-quality services. We understand that a clogged drain can cause significant disruption to you and your family’s daily routine. This is why we offer flexible scheduling options to meet your needs. If you have a clogged drain you’ve been unable to clear on your own and need professional assistance, we’re the team you can trust. Contact us today to schedule your clogged drain estimate.