Contact us by calling today! We offer 24/7 emergency service.
How Will I Know If My Pipes Are Frozen?
If you suspect you have frozen pipes, keep an eye out for the following signs.
- Wet spots or leaks from walls and floors
- No water from faucets
- Frost and ice on the outside of your piping
- A pipe is showing signs of bulging
- There is an unpleasant odor coming from your drains
If you begin to notice these symptoms, especially that of flooding, act quickly. Call a professional plumber and shut your water valve off in the meantime. Turning off this valve can prevent future flooding. If you are unsure where your valve is located, most homes have theirs near the water meter.
Turn this valve off and proceed to shut off the valve for your toilet supply as well. The valve for your toilet supply can usually be found behind your water tank. All homeowners should know the location of their valves when they move into a new home. Knowing this information can save your home from excessive damage in the future.
Tips to Prevent Frozen Pipes
To help prevent pipes from freezing over in the first place, Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Salem is here to offer some advice. According to the American Red Cross, the following steps are highly recommended to protect your home from flooding.
- Leave the cabinet doors underneath the sinks in your home open to properly let warm air circulate.
- Let the cold water run for a trickle outside when temperatures hit freezing.
- If you plan on leaving your home for more than a few days, set the temperature to no less than 55 degrees.
- Keep the doors to your garage closed during cold weather.
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Salem wishes you good luck in the freezing months to come. In the event of frozen pipes, leaking, or flooding, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We will send over one of our experienced plumbers to help you get the state of your plumbing back on track. You can expect upfront pricing, dependable service, and no overtime charges when you hire us for the job.
Fill out our contact form or give us a call today!