Until recently, residential sewer repairs were a labor-intensive task that required digging trenches and excavating landscapes to find the precise location of pipe damages. This process would make a mess out of yards and often take days to complete. Fortunately, trenchless technologies have recently transformed plumbing repairs – simplifying the process and cutting costs. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Virginia Beach, we excel at this service – providing professional trenchless sewer and pipe repairs at an affordable price. By removing the guesswork from the equation and bypassing excavation, our trenchless pipe repairs save customers both time and money.
The 3 Types of Trenchless Pipe Repair
There are three primary trenchless repair methods. Each trenchless technique is cutting-edge and significantly less destructive, invasive, and extensive than former methods. Nevertheless, each option also provides unique advantages and disadvantages. Depending on your circumstances, such as the age of your pipes, the piping material and layout, and the surroundings, we will help you choose the trenchless approach that works best.
The three most popular trenchless repair methods include:
- Slip Lining – This method involves lining a pipe with a plastic liner to prevent leaks. While less destructive than former plumbing repairs, slip lining requires drilling two holes to create an entry and exit point to the underground sewer line. This trenchless repair process is cost-effective and minimally invasive. However, the presence of a new liner will decrease the pipe’s diameter.
- Cured-in-Place-Pipe Lining (CIPP) – This trenchless technique involves internally sealing a new liner to underground piping with epoxy. Our technician will insert the liner into the pipe and utilize an inflation tool to make it expand and snugly hug the siding. Once the liner’s epoxy cures, the new coating will prevent leaks by covering cracks and damaged sections. This trenchless repair method requires no digging – making it the most affordable and least invasive of the three options. However, it is not a viable solution when working with pipes that have small diameters since it will decrease the diameter even further – thus leaving little space for waste to pass through smoothly.
- Pipe Bursting – Like slip lining, pipe bursting requires drilling a hole at the entry and the exit point of your sewer pipes. With this process, a new pipe run is attached to a bursting head and pulled through the damaged sewer line. As it penetrates the sewer line, the old pipe is broken, pushed away, and replaced with the new pipe. This service is more invasive, but it has the advantage of completely replacing the old piping.
The Pros & Cons of Trenchless Repair
Unlike traditional repairs, trenchless sewer line and piping repairs are an effective solution for fixing plumbing problems without inconveniently tearing apart your yard. By making a small hole to insert a camera and diagnose the issue, this approach allows for repairs to be completed quickly – often in a single visit. Due to this increased efficiency, trenchless repairs are generally less expensive and damaging than older methods. You also won’t have to waste time and money restoring your landscaping afterward.
Despite these advantages, there are some situations where trenchless pipe repair is not a suitable solution. Trenchless repairs work well when dealing with lateral sewer lines that run under the surface. However, drilling a hole and inserting equipment is not enough to reach all sewer lines. If this is the case, trenchless plumbing repairs might not be an option.
The Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Virginia Beach Difference
Plumbing problems are unfortunately common occurrences caused by a wide array of factors, including:
- Freezing temperatures
- Food jams
- Defective garbage disposal
- Flushing large materials and debris down toilets
- And much more!
If you are dealing with a plumbing problem, don’t panic. Our customer service team is ready to help – twenty-four hours a day, every day of the year. We will arrive promptly and punctually at your property. Equipped with industry-best equipment and technologies, our technicians will diagnose the situation and go over your repair options. If you are dealing with a sewer line rupture or leak, we will go above and beyond to implement the most viable, affordable, and efficient solution.
If you are interested in learning more about trenchless pipe repairs, give us a call at (757) 694-4625 or contact us online! Our expert technicians will walk you through the entire repair process!