Routine water heater maintenance can extend the life of your water heater and help it operate more effectively and efficiently. However, your plumber may recommend water heater replacement if your unit is old, inefficient, has undergone multiple repairs, or has become obsolete with time. If you're not sure if you need residential water heater repair or replacement in Front Royal, VA, just call us today at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of the Shenandoah Valley. Our experts can quickly diagnose water heater problems and provide quick, effective repairs. Reach out to our team today to learn more!
How Long Does a Water Heater Last?
The lifespan of your residential water heater depends on a lot of factors. Generally, a water heater can last between 11 and 20 years with proper maintenance and care. However, the actual lifespan of your water heater might depend on the following:
- When and how it was installed
- Maintenance and repairs it has undergone
- The type, make, and model of the water heater
- How energy-efficient the water heater is
- Where the water heater is located (inside vs. outside, upstairs vs. downstairs)
- Your local temperature and weather in your region
- How often it’s used and the size of your household
If you aren’t sure how efficiently your water heater is operating or think you might need water heater repair or replacement, just call us today at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of the Shenandoah Valley. We’ll quickly determine how well your water heater is operating and provide reliable water heater repair or replacement as needed.
Choosing the Right Water Heater
Choosing the right water heater for your home depends on several factors. If our plumbers have recommended water heater replacement, you'll have the chance to choose a more energy-efficient, eco-friendly water heater for your home. Here are a few things you'll need to consider:
- Fuel Type, Cost, & Availability – Water heaters use different fuel types to heat your water. This fuel source will affect the water heater's annual operating costs, size, and energy efficiency. Available fuel types in your area include electric, fuel oil, geothermal energy, natural gas, propane, and solar energy.
- Water Heater Size – The size of your water heater will depend on the size of your household (how many people will be using the water heater every day) and the appliances you use (washing machine, dishwasher, spa, hot tub, sauna, etc.). To ensure you have the right amount of hot water for your daily needs, you'll need to choose the right size water heater.
- Energy-Efficiency – The energy efficiency of your water heater depends on the make, model, size, and fuel type.
- Budget – Having a budget in mind will help you choose a water heater that meets your needs and budget.
Types of Residential Water Heaters
If you're considering water heater replacement in Virginia because your water heater is old, beyond repair, or it's more cost-effective to choose water heater replacement over repair, the types of water heaters we install include:
- Conventional – These water heaters store water in a large tank heated by electricity or natural gas. An energy-efficient water heater can reduce your water heating costs by up to seven percent.
- Tankless – A tankless hot water heater doesn't store hot water in a tank. Instead, it heats water only as needed. This can reduce your water heating bills by as much as 30 percent.
- Hybrid – A hybrid water heater combines conventional tank storage with a heat pump and uses existing water and electrical connections. Hybrid water heaters can reduce your water heating costs by up to 60 percent.
Call Us for Water Heater Repair and Replacement
If you need water heater repair or replacement in Front Royal or Winchester, VA, call us today at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of the Shenandoah Valley. Our experienced plumbers can offer inspection, routine maintenance, and water heater repairs that extend the lifespan of your water heater and ensure it remains energy efficient. Repairing issues quickly ensures they don't become more severe and expensive to resolve. Call us today or request a plumbing estimate
online if you need water heater repair or replacement. Be sure to ask us about our Advantage Plan!