Expert Services For Water Filter Systems in Vancouver, BC
It fascinates people each time they learn that 70% of our earth is covered in water, of which only 3% is freshwater and about 1% is drinkable. While water treatment plants in Metro Vancouver do their best to provide the local communities with safe drinking water, there is still the potential for trace contaminants to be in the cold water supply from this water source every time you turn on your tap.
If you want to be in control of what you drink, trust your local Vancouver plumber at Mr. Rooter to install reliable water filter systems. Vancouver, BC homeowners can choose from a list of filtration systems that can filter out heavy metals, potential contaminants and other organic compounds, as well as remove unpleasant tastes. Keep on reading to learn more about our water filter systems in Vancouver, BC and how our expert plumbing professionals can improve the quality of your water for drinking in no time!
Our Vancouver Water Filter Systems
At Mr. Rooter, we can install a wide range of clean water filter systems in your home. Besides a straightforward pitcher filter that uses a filter cartridge, there are also more complex and high-maintenance systems. The water filter systems our Vancouver plumbers can help you install include:
- Water Softeners: As the most common water filtration system, softeners contain resin beads that trap magnesium and calcium, which are considered to be hard metals. An ion exchange takes place, converting the hard minerals into sodium and potassium. Besides promoting human health, the softened tap water will also reduce calcium buildup in your pipes.
- Reverse Osmosis System: Reverse osmosis (or RO) is a purification method inspired by a biological process, during which osmotic pressure is used to filter out harmful contaminants. The filter system has four cleansing stages in its filtration process, including sediment filtering, carbon filtering, main membrane filtering, and a carbon polish filtering. A single RO system (called a sink water filter system) can run from only one main tap. A whole-house reverse osmosis system can be installed to several taps.
It can take time to decide which filter system may be the right one for you, which is why we recommend scheduling a 1:1 in-home appointment with your Vancouver plumber. They will have the opportunity to inspect your water supply lines and make any necessary water line repairs, as well as help you calculate the amount of filtered H2O you might need on a weekly basis.
Why Choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing For Vancouver Water Filter Systems?
Mr. Rooter Plumbing has been around for over 50 years and currently has over 100 locally-owned and operated franchises across North America. As a proud member of Neighborly’s expert home service providers, our locally-owned and operated team at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Vancouver is committed to providing our local communities with dependable plumbing maintenance, repair and emergency services to keep everyone in your household or place of work safe and healthy.
The worry-free and customer-focused experience we provide is designed to build a high level of trust, so you’ll know who to call in the event of a plumbing emergency. Some of the biggest reasons our Vancouver customers love working with us include:
- Licensed Plumbers: Each service technician on our team is background-checked, fully trained, licensed and insured, and brings the required knowledge and expertise to complete any plumbing task assigned, whether it’s installing a water filtration system or repairing a burst pipe. When you hire our expert services, you can expect a friendly and respectful uniformed professional to arrive on time to your scheduled appointment.
- Guaranteed Parts And Workmanship: Our bonded plumbing technicians always go above and beyond to meet our clients’ needs by always going the extra mile to check the tiniest details and ensuring that the work done will bring you long-term results. The plumbing parts we use for installations and repairs are certified and of the highest quality. Furthermore, parts and labor are covered by our Done Right Promise™, which means that if anything isn’t done right, we’ll make it right. How's that for peace of mind?
- In-Home Estimates And Upfront Pricing: At Mr. Rooter, we strive for transparency. To encourage our customers to make the right investment, we always offer in-house consultations and inspections so we can save time and promote a hassle-free experience. Our plumbing professionals can thoroughly inspect your home’s plumbing, determine any underlying issues, and take notes and photos of details that need to be addressed. This way, we’ll be able to create a straightforward cost estimate with no hidden charges.
FAQs About Water Filter Systems In Vancouver, BC
How Much Does A Water Filter System Installation Cost?
This depends on the type of filtration system you choose. Reverse osmosis is typically the most expensive system to install and also has high-maintenance requirements. Furthermore, it uses a lot of water to complete the cleansing cycle, which means that you will have higher energy consumption and subsequently, higher monthly utility bills. Make sure you're okay with an increase in your water usage before opting for this service.
Do Whole-House Water Filters Reduce Water Pressure?
They can, but they shouldn’t. This may happen because your supply runs through the filter at a certain speed. If various appliances are in use, you may experience a decrease in pressure. Our Vancouver plumbing team is happy to check your pressure regulator and find a solution to this problem. In some cases, you might have clogged filters that you either need to exchange or clean.
Do Water Filtration Systems Remove Beneficial Minerals?
This is certainly a debatable topic. If you’re a lover of bottled water, you will be glad to know that they have gone through the reverse osmosis purification process. But what makes them tasty is the balanced proportion of healthy minerals that is added and regulated. Additions typically include minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium and various anions.
Your RO system at home will remove 99% of contaminants and minerals, giving it nearly perfect water quality. Therefore, if you’re used to consuming a certain level of essential minerals and have found it beneficial or simply can't stand the chemical taste of chlorine, you may benefit from a filtration system that only removes major contaminants and only reduces the amount of minerals rather than removes them entirely.
Does A Vancouver Water Filter System Increase Home Value?
It certainly can, depending on the type you have installed. Research has shown that water softeners can increase your home value by around an average of $5,000. Keep in mind that it could be more or less, and should not be the exclusive reason you choose to install a water filter system.
Hire Mr. Rooter For Efficient Water Filter System Installations!
Every household has different needs when it comes to clean drinking water. Book your appointment with your expert Vancouver plumber today by contacting our friendly office team at 604-433-5555!