Save Money on Plumbing Costs With These Simple Upgrades
By updating your home’s plumbing with greener fixtures and upgrades, you can positively contribute to the overall health of the planet and have a plumbing system that is more efficient, uses less energy and is designed to perform reliably for years, so you won’t have to focus on potential plumbing problems or insufficiencies in the future. With eco-friendly plumbing improvements, you’ll also use much less water than your old appliances and fixtures, saving money in the long run all without sacrificing convenience and overall comfort.
Here are some simple solutions to save money on plumbing expenses:
- Water-saving toilets: Every time you flush your toilet you’re using 1.6 gallons of water to send waste from your home. With industry improvements and modern solutions, newer, more eco-friendly toilets use only 1.28 gallons of water per flush, which is 20% less water used, saving on your monthly water expenses and reducing your household’s overall water waste.
- Tankless hot water heaters: Tankless hot water heaters are innovative appliances that produce hot water on demand versus storing water in a tank when not in use. When water is sitting in the tank, the system must constantly use energy to reheat it. With tankless heaters using water only as you need it, you’ll reduce energy waste and save on monthly energy costs.
- Low-flow shower heads: Did you know that during a 10 minute shower you use over 20 gallons of water? To easily save money and energy on your home’s plumbing, update your shower head to a more efficient low-flow fixture. A low-flow shower head offers the same performance as a regular shower head but uses much less water.
- Modern plumbing fixtures: When you update your shower heads, don’t forget to take a look at your other faucets. Older faucets installed before 1992 use about three to seven gallons of water per minute. Today, manufacturers have updated them with longer faucet heads, handheld extensions and low-flow designs for improved comfort and better water conservation that doesn’t exceed 2.2 gallons per minute.
- Insulated plumbing: Older homes or those that haven’t updated their insulation in several years likely don’t have necessary insulation materials around their pipes. As warm water travels through your plumbing system, heat is lost through the outer layers of the pipe materials, and this heat loss will make your hot water heater work harder to keep the temperature up. By insulating your pipes you can greatly reduce heat loss and save on energy costs.
Reach Out to Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Syracuse Today For More Money-Saving Plumbing Tips
When you begin to notice your energy and water expenses skyrocketing, contact your local plumbing experts at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Syracuse for solutions on upgrades to improve your home’s plumbing system. We happily provide residential plumbing inspections throughout the greater Syracuse, NY, community and will recommend plumbing improvements that best suit your lifestyle, long-term needs and budget.
Learn more about our residential plumbing solutions today. Call us at 315-472-1203 or complete our online contact form to request an estimate and schedule services.