Septic Inspection Specialist In Syracuse, NY
Stop septic problems before they start with a comprehensive inspection from Mr. Rooter® Plumbing! Our team of experts is ready to bring the best in septic service to Oneida, Utica, Auburn and beyond. If you're in central New York and are due for a septic system inspection, contact us today to schedule an appointment!
Why You Need A Septic Tank Inspection
A grease trap or septic tank inspection gives you the peace of mind that comes with knowing your system will give you years of trouble-free use. Always have a professional inspect the septic system when you're purchasing a new home or lot.
If you've lived in your house for years, but can't remember the last time you had your system cleaned or pumped out, a septic inspection may be in order. Also, any of the following sings may indicate a problem that should be diagnosed with a thorough inspection:
- unpleasant odors in your home or yard
- standing water above your septic tank
- slow drainage of water in your sinks
What is a Septic Inspection?
A septic tank inspection from Mr. Rooter Plumbing will thoroughly assess the state of your septic system. Our technicians use a number of standard tests to check the strength of your septic tank and clean out line, distribution box and perforated lateral lines. Even a small problem with one of these components can lead to significant trouble down the road. We recommend a yearly checkup for residential septic systems or whenever trouble is suspected.
Septic System Inspections: Fast Facts for Homebuyers
Replacing a septic system can be a huge, unexpected expense for a new homebuyer. For this reason, it’s important to make a full septic checkup part of your pre-buying inspection. Some things to consider include:
- The average cost of a septic system replacement in Syracuse could be up to $6,000 or more. If the septic system does need replacing, be sure to factor this in when making a bid on a home.
- Septic systems need to be pumped every three to five years, in addition to other regular maintenance. Be sure to ask the seller if they have evidence this has been done.
- A pre-purchase septic inspection should include dye testing, septic load testing and a visual inspection. Ask for a comprehensive assessment of the system’s condition as well as an estimate as to which components will need repair, and when.
In addition to the expense involved, septic problems are a serious health risk. Be sure you perform your due diligence before making a decision.
At Mr. Rooter, we take a thorough approach to full septic system inspections. We know that proper maintenance will help you save time and money in the long run. That’s why our team inspects every part of your septic system by completing the following steps:
- Check septic tank covers for safety. Make sure they’re secure and accessible in the case of an emergency.
- Examine the septic tank type and condition for specific maintenance requirements.
- Look at septic tank baffles and inspect their condition.
- Check pump tanks for cracks and holes.
- Observe the flow back from drain fields.
- Use video technology to inspect the inlets and outlets of tanks and check for pipe settling.
- Examine the condition of distribution boxes and look for possible deterioration.
- Check the water level in distribution boxes.
- Adjust the distribution box levels if necessary.
We Know Septic Systems
What makes us a leader in septic system installations in Syracuse and environs? We specialize in providing excellent customer service for residential customers. Our technicians go out of their way to give you the best experience possible, whether it’s by fully explaining your repair options in terms you can understand, respecting your property by using protective mats and foot covers, or providing open and transparent pricing.
Additionally, as part of a nationwide franchise of plumbing and septic system contractors, we have access to cutting-edge technology — such as our video drain inspection units — that independent companies can't afford. We also have licensed engineers on-staff who ensure proper septic maintenance, installation and design is always delivered. Call us today to discover for yourself why we're central NY's septic experts!