When you notice leaking drains or plumbing, trust the licensed plumbers at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Syracuse to inspect your home’s plumbing, identify the cause of the leak, and develop a detailed plan to completely repair your plumbing and any surrounding damage
Plumbing and Drain Leaks
Your home or business’s plumbing is comprised of complicated, interconnected systems that work together to bring water to your home and whisk excess water and waste away. When one part of your plumbing system is damaged or clogged, it can affect the overall functionality and convenience of your home — eventually causing damage in other areas of your property. In most homes, the following plumbing systems can experience leaks:
- Kitchen and Bathroom Plumbing: Kitchens and bathrooms have the most plumbing throughout your house and leaks or drain clogs often occur in sinks, tubs, showers, and appliances.
- Basement Plumbing: Exposed and leaky plumbing or leaking drains and appliances in your basement are inconvenient and can cause flooding that damages walls, slabs, flooring, and stored items. These water damages can even lead to harmful mold growth.
- Outdoor Plumbing: Outdoor water spigots or sinks that leak can cause exterior flooding, basement water damage, foundation cracking, or frozen plumbing that is costly to address and repair
Causes of Leaking Drains
When you have a clogged or leaking sink or shower drain, then the cause is likely associated with regular use. Blockages in your home’s plumbing can be found anywhere within your plumbing. When your system is leaking or clogged, the cause is likely tree root invasion, oil and grease buildup, hair accumulation, pipe scale deposits, food waste buildup, or foreign objects trapped in the plumbing.
Sometimes plumbing issues can be caused by the layout or materials of your plumbing system. If the slope of the pipes and drains isn’t steep enough to allow gravity to remove water and waste adequately or if the pipes are too narrow and easily clog, then you may experience frequent blockages and other plumbing issues.
Identifying Leaks and Clogs in Your Home
Most homeowners encounter plumbing problems and increasing home damages when they can’t correctly identify whether they have leaking drains or clogs. Note the following symptoms to quickly determine if your home has leaking sink drains or other plumbing repair needs:
- Discolored water
- Damp areas on walls or floors
- Increasing water bills
- Backed-up toilets or sinks
- Slow drainage
- Poor water pressure
- Pooling water near drains or in the yard
Call Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Syracuse to Repair Your Drain Leak
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Syracuse, we are the most reliable and knowledgeable plumbing repair technicians helping residents throughout the Syracuse, NY, area. We respond promptly to all of our service calls and perform thorough investigations of your plumbing system to accurately identify the cause of your leaking drains or clogs and find quality repair solutions.
All our licensed plumbers are certified by Onondaga County for plumbing leak detection and other plumbing projects. Local home and business owners can rest assured that all plumbing repairs from Mr. Rooter will be completed using the best tools and equipment available — ensuring lasting results, dependability, and comfort.
To learn more about our plumbing services or to schedule a comprehensive inspection of your plumbing, call us today to speak to a team member or complete our online contact form.