When it comes to maintaining the exterior plumbing of a home or business, the rain drain is an essential part of the plumbing system that should be regularly checked on. In Portland, Oregon, rainy weather is a common sight throughout a large part of the year, which is why our rain drains are more susceptible to clogs and drainage issues.
Fall is the most common season that Mr. Rooter Plumbing professionals notice rain drain problems for residential and commercial customers. Between leaves falling in the gutter and other debris making its way into the downspout, rain drains tend to get clogged very easily during this time of the year.
How does a Rain Drain System work?
Rain drains are connected to the downspout and move water away from a house or building. They are typically located underground and are connected to either a city storm drain, French drain, or drywell; or they are daylighted at the curb or drainage ditch.
Tree roots are also frequently responsible for causing rain drain issues. As the roots grow, while seeking water and nutrients, they are prone to find even the tiniest of cracks or loose joints. Once inside the pipe, the roots will continue to expand and eventually form into a massive blockage that prevents water flow.
Signs of a Clogged Rain Drain
- Pooling of water in the area where your downspout meets the underground pipe.
- Overflowing or gushing water from where the downspout connects to the rain drain.
- Water infiltrating the crawlspace from the foundation’s walls.
- Noticeable erosion occurring around the foundation.
If your rain drain needs to be cleared out, contact the professionals at Mr. Rooter Plumbing. Our experts will perform a thorough diagnosis of your entire drainage system and provide an upfront flat rate price before beginning any work. We are committed to delivering customers the best value and long-term solution for any drain cleaning problem.
Maintenance for Exterior Drains
To prevent clogged rain drains and other plumbing problems, our licensed plumbers recommend establishing a maintenance plan for your home or business. Scheduling a routine inspection is the best approach to avoid future plumbing issues.
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Portland, our goal is to provide customers an exceptional experience 24/7, which is why we offer customers a convenient way to ensure their plumbing system remains in good condition. The Mr. Rooter Advantage Plan is a membership program that gives customers next-level benefits, including:
- Annual Plumbing Inspection: We provide an annual home inspection of the entire plumbing system at zero-cost. Our team will notify you when it is time to schedule a convenient appointment, and we will address any maintenance needs.
- Special Member Pricing: Our Advantage Plan members receive an automatic discount for any service provided by Mr. Rooter Plumbing. Our standard $69.95 service fee for plumbing work is also waived.
- Priority Scheduling: Members are given priority scheduling when they need emergency service. There are no extra charges for night, weekend, or holiday service!
- Personalized Records: Customers will have a thorough record of every visit, along with details of any repairs or maintenance recommendations that we have completed. If you own multiple properties or move to a new address – the membership covers all properties and is transferable.
Enjoy peace of mind knowing that your plumbing is in good hands with the Mr. Rooter Advantage Plan membership.
When you are dealing with an emergency rain drain problem, call Mr. Rooter Plumbing and we will quickly resolve the issue and get your drains flowing smoothly again in no time. Our friendly plumbers are available 7 days a week, and we will treat you and your home with the utmost care. There’s a reason they call us Mr.