Commercial tankless water heaters help businesses lower energy-related operating costs by delivering unlimited hot water quickly and with less gas or electricity. Mr. Rooter® Plumbing makes the transition to this exciting technology easier with professional commercial tankless water heater installation and repair services when you need them.
Trust Mr. Rooter Plumbing for All Commercial Tankless Water Heater Needs
We’re proud to help businesses find innovative ways of adopting new technology to lower operating costs and meet their sustainability goals. Water heaters can use a considerable about of energy in a commercial setting but also provide an excellent opportunity to address energy efficiency.
Our commercial tankless water heater services include installation, repair, and replacement.
Can I Install a Commercial Tankless Water Heater Myself?
Due to the high volume of gas or electricity and the need to make careful adjustments during installation and repair, you should always trust an experienced technician to install a commercial water heater at your business.
Commercial tankless water heater installation or repair may involve:
- Fitting or cutting gas lines
- Wiring electrical cords and outlets
- Installing new water lines
- Installing water pressure valves
- Installing an exhaust vent
- Meeting local codes for water heater installation
Professional Service for Commercial Grade Tankless Water Heaters
Our technicians handle each repair or installation with the care you’d expect from a company with decades of experience. We can identify problems with your existing tankless water heater and make timely repairs to keep your business running smoothly.
Common problems with gas tankless water heaters include:
- Exhaust blockage. Much like your air supply, your system relies on ventilation to remove fumes from the system.
- Flame failure. This is often caused by issues with the gas supply or valve.
- Ignition failure. Ignition switches rely on an electric current to generate heat. Failure is usually traced to an issue with your ignition switch’s energy supply.
- Air supply blockage. Blockages from mineral buildup or microscopic debris in your water can block air, which reduces the efficiency of your water heater’s heating process. This limits the temperature your water heater can reach.
Some common problems with electric tankless water heaters include:
- Mineral buildup. Facilities with hard water (opposed to soft water) face a higher risk of mineral buildup that can reduce the efficiency of your tankless water heater’s heating element.
- Unit failure. If a water heater’s electrical draw exceeds its circuit breaker’s capacity, it will frequently trip the circuit breaker.
- Cold water sandwich. Cold water trapped in pipes between the water heater and a faucet or fixture will lead to a temporary flow of chilly water. This is a common issue with both gas and electric tankless water heaters.
Commercial Tankless Water Heater Repair, Installation, and Replacement Near Me
Repairing or installing these water heaters can be dangerous. Don’t trust just anyone to work with a device that uses as much as a million BTUs of energy in seconds. Rely on professional water heater repair services from the very best. Call your local Mr. Rooter Plumbing or request a job estimate today!
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between a commercial and residential tankless water heater?
Both residential and commercial tankless hot water heaters require professional installation and repair. A commercial tankless water heater can heat water to much higher temperatures than residential models can. They’re also designed to heat up to two-and-a-half times more water than a home tankless water heater. Commercial-grade units use more energy, with some using 1,000,000 BTUs compared to 75,000 for residential models.
Are tankless water heaters good for commercial use?
Both gas and electric commercial-grade tankless water heaters are excellent replacements for traditional tank water heaters. With the right size capacity and regular maintenance, tankless water heaters provide hot water on demand at a lower cost by not heating water 24/7.
How long do commercial tankless water heaters last?
With expert installation and regular maintenance, owners should expect their tankless systems to last 20 years or more, roughly twice as long as most tanked water heater options.