Residential Clogged Drain Cleaning Services in Fort Smith, AR
Our Professional Plumbers Will Clear Your Home’s Drains
Experiencing a clogged drain can be annoying, but it doesn’t have to ruin your day. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Fort Smith offers professional residential clogged drain cleaning services for homeowners in Fort Smith, AR. Our professional plumbers will visit your home and perform clogged drain cleaning to allow water to continue to flow down all your drains. Our licensed and insured plumbing team will help you avoid slow-draining sinks, foul odors, and gurgling toilets. You might not think a lot about the drains in your home, but they work along with your plumbing pipes and valves to ensure waste and water flow smoothly at all times. Learn more about our clogged drain cleaning service, and get in touch with us today to request a job estimate.
What Makes Drains So Important?
Homeowners in Van Buren, Greenwood, and Alma, AR may take their drains for granted, but that can change quickly when you experience a problem such as a clogged drain. The sole job of your residential drains is carrying wastewater away from your home. That wastewater contains particles made up of dirt, dust, food, soap, and more. These particles will slow down the flow of water and can lead to clogged drains. You can rest easy knowing that our professional plumbers will keep your wastewater flowing. Ignoring a clogged drain can result in backed-up bathtubs, toilets, and sinks, and can also cause property damage and foul odors. A problem in one of your home’s drains can lead to problems in additional drains, so don’t delay in contacting us.
Signs You May Have a Clogged Drain
Sometimes it’s easy to know that you have a clogged drain, but there are other signs you will need to learn to help you identify the issue. Water that stops flowing or gets backed up can be a sign of a clogged drain. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Fort Smith knows drains inside and out and would be happy to give you a free estimate for your clogged drain repair costs. You can count on our clog pipe drain cleaners to visit your home in Fort Smith and perform a thorough inspection and diagnosis before taking care of your clog. Check out these signs that you might have a clogged drain:
- Toilets that back up
- Foul odors from drains
- Bubbling sounds from toilets
- Soggy areas of your landscaping
- Sinks draining slowly and gurgling
- Puddles of water near laundry appliances, bathtubs, showers, and sinks
Repairing Multiple Types of Drains
All drains basically do the same thing, but each type of drain is a bit different. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Fort Smith offers professional clogged drain cleaning services for multiple types of residential drains, including:
- Kitchen Drains – Kitchen sinks often get clogged due to grease, oils, and food particles. Try not to put any grease or oil down the drain because these substances can harden inside the pipes. Avoid using your garbage disposal for meat, bones, or fibrous vegetables.
- Bathroom Drains – A lot of common household products can contribute to a clogged bathroom drain, including soap and toothpaste. Hair is another common culprit, and you can install a drain cover in your bathtub and bathroom sinks. Run hot water while brushing your teeth to help ensure toothpaste does not harden inside your piping.
- Floor Drains – Your home likely has floor drains in your garage, basement, and laundry room. Floor drains often get clogged by dirt, dust, leaves, and other debris. A clogged floor drain may eventually lead to floor damage, so it’s critical to have them cleaned out from time to time.
How to Clear a Clogged Drain
While we typically don’t recommend fixing a significant clog on your own, there are some things you can try to clear a minor clog in your home. Homeowners can check that their sinks are draining correctly.
- If you notice that your sink is draining slowly, prepare a kettle or pot of hot water because boiled water can clear a clogged drain due to hardened fats or oils.
- Pour your hot water into the drain carefully after most or all of the water has drained out of the sink.
- Schedule routine drain cleanings and inspections as a proactive measure.
- Get a plunger and snake drain which are both easy to use.
- Use the plunger to move the clog near the top of the drain, and then use the snake to pull the clog out of the pipe.
- Throw away the clogging material in the trash and avoid flushing it back down the pipe.
- If these steps do not work, give us a call. DIY clogged drain services will not unclog a drain with a deep clog from tree root invasions. Our plumbers have the equipment, expertise, and experience necessary to unclog the worst of drains.
Schedule Your Drain Cleaning Services
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Fort Smith wants to keep your home’s drains in optimal condition. We offer preventative maintenance services designed to save you time, money, and hassle. We would be happy to offer you a quote for your clogged drain repair, so contact us today to schedule service.