Here are some telltale signs that it's time to get your water heater accessed by an expert:
- Low Water Pressure
- Water Heater Age (10 Years Or Older)
- Inconsistency In Water Temperature
- Sounds Coming From Water Heater
- Rusty Water Running From Faucets
- Running Out Of Hot Water Quickly
- Water Leaking From Heating Tank
- Frequent Repairs Since Ownership
Need a licensed plumber for hot water tank repair in Manchester, NH? Call us to schedule your service. Or you can request your appointment online.
Should I Repair or Replace My Water Heater?
Determining whether to repair or replace your water heater depends on several factors.
Here are some considerations:
- Age. If your water heater is 10-15 years old, or older, it may be more cost-effective to replace it.
- Cost of Repairs. If the cost of repairs is 50% of the cost of a new water heater, it is often more practical to replace the unit.
- Energy Efficiency. Older water heaters may be less energy-efficient compared to newer models. By replacing your water heater with a more efficient unit, you can enjoy long-term energy savings.
- Frequency of Repairs. Is your water heater requiring frequent repairs? It may be a sign that it's reaching the end of its lifespan and a replacement is a better option. Repair costs could add up over time.
- Warranty. Consider the warranty on your current water heater. If it is still under warranty, repairs may be covered, which could influence your decision.
Deciding between repairing or replacing your water heater is a big decision, but we can help. During your service, we can inspect your water heater and offer our professional advice.
In fact - we'll present you with "Good", "Better", and "Best" options, so you can choose which is right for you. We'll help you weigh the costs and benefits of repair versus replacement to make an informed decision. But the choice is yours.
5 Benefits of Replacing Your Water Heater
If your older water heater is beyond repair, you can rest assured we can install a new one for you.
A new water heater comes with several benefits - here are six you can consider:
- Improved Efficiency. Newer water heaters are more energy-efficient, which can result in lower energy bills. They are better insulated and have advanced heating elements, allowing them to heat water more efficiently.
- Reliable Performance. Over time, older water heaters may show signs of failure, such as slower heating times or inconsistent water temperatures. By replacing your water heater, you can enjoy reliable and consistent hot water throughout your home.
- Increased Lifespan. Water heaters have a limited lifespan, typically around 10-15 years. If your current water heater is nearing the end of its lifespan, replacing it can help avoid unexpected breakdowns. Would you love peace of mind waking up in the morning?
- Enhanced Safety. Older water heaters may pose safety risks, such as the potential for leaks or faulty gas connections. Upgrading to a new water heater ensures that you have the latest safety features and technology in place.
- Improved Hot Water Quality. Over time, sediment and mineral deposits can accumulate in the tank of your water heater, affecting the quality of your hot water. By replacing your water heater, you can enjoy cleaner and fresher hot water for your daily needs.
Are you considering a water heater replacement? We're happy to help you weigh your options.
Our Manchester, NH water heater specialists are just a phone call away. To book your service, call or request an appointment online.
How Electric Water Heaters Work
In an electric water heater, the water is heated by two elements, each with its own thermostat, whereas a gas heater raises the water temperature through a burner assembly. Common items for water heaters include the drain valve, the cold water inlet, a sacrificial anode rod that prevents tank wear, a dip tube, and a pressure relief valve.
Need electric water heater repair in Manchester? Call us today or request your service online. We're backed with 25+ years of experience.
Contact our Local Water Heater Experts Today
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater New Hampshire provides water heater repair and installation services in Concord, Manchester, Nashua, Salem, Laconia, and nearby areas in New Hampshire for when you need it most.
We are also available around the clock for emergencies, so if your water heater bursts in the middle of the night, you can count on us to be there. Trust our locally owned and operated plumbing service for water heater solutions that last!
Stop suffering through cold showers! Contact us today for your water heater repair estimate and service appointment.