Tankless water heaters are a modern and efficient solution for your hot water needs. Unlike traditional systems that continuously heat and reheat water, tankless systems provide hot water on-demand, saving energy and reducing utility bills.
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Shreveport & Bossier City, we specialize in installing these systems, ensuring you have a reliable, long-lasting source of hot water whenever you need it. Besides installation, we'll be there for any required maintenance like flushing and descaling, as well as repairs for any performance issues or malfunctions.
Is it Worth Getting a Tankless Water Heater?
It's always worth considering a tankless water heater. These systems are a solid investment for several reasons:
- Energy efficiency – This is the name of the game when it comes to tankless water heaters. Since they don't store hot water and only heat the amount that you need in that moment, there's potential for utility bill savings.
- Longer lifespan – It's no secret that water heaters typically have a longer lifespan than their tank counterparts. They can last up to 20 years, compared to 10-15 years for traditional water heaters.
- Space-saving design – Their compact design saves valuable space in your home that's often taken up by traditional models.
- Continuous hot water – Since your home's hot water will be heated on-demand, you won't have to worry about running out of hot water for your shower again!
Remember to consider your specific needs and consult with a professional before deciding. Our reputable plumbing company is here to guide you in choosing the right system for your home and budget and ensure professional tankless water heater installation.
Do Tankless Water Heaters Need Maintenance?
Like any other water heater, tankless models will need routine maintenance to ensure efficiency and repairs are done early. Minerals and debris can build up over time, potentially restricting water flow and causing damage to the water heater.
To prevent issues down the road, here's what should be on your tankless water heater maintenance checklist:
- Water heater flush – It's important that this is done at least once a year to prevent mineral buildup.
- Filter check – Some tankless water heaters have a filter that needs to be checked for clogs and debris.
- Descaling – Descaling should be done every 1-2 years to keep the heat exchanger clean and prevent any buildup.
- Pressure relief valve check – The pressure relief valve should be checked to ensure it functions correctly.
Our tankless water heater maintenance services in Shreveport help you worry less about the longevity of your unit with a schedule that's tailored to the needs of your unit and home.
How Long Should Tankless Water Heaters Last?
Tankless water heaters are known for their longevity, and with proper maintenance, a unit can last up to 20 years or more. Aside from routine maintenance, calling on our team for tankless water heater repairs in Shreveport will help ensure your system lasts for as long as possible.
Schedule Your Tankless Water Heater Services in Shreveport
Ready to install a tankless water heater in your home? Or perhaps you need expert maintenance or repair services for your existing system? At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Shreveport & Bossier City, we're committed to providing quality services that offer you options, prompt 24/7 support, and lasting solutions.