Common Causes of Sewer Line Damage
Sewer line damage can happen over time due to everything from aging pipes to exterior forces. It’s important to remember that your plumbing system is always working to pump water and waste through your sewer line. Some of the most common reasons your sewer line may be damaged or clogged include the following:
- Improper sewer pipe installation or design
- Lack of maintenance
- Tree root intrusion
- Build-ups from debris and sludge in the pipes
- Old pipes
- Backup caused by the city’s sewer line
- Ground movement from freezing and thawing
- Earth movement from heavy construction
Damaged Sewer Pipe Signs
Most sewer lines give signs when they have issues. Stay calm when you notice signs of sewer pipe issues. Our service professionals will help locate the problem and repair or replace your sewer line. We do everything we can to avoid a sewer line replacement, but it is sometimes in your home’s best interest.
Repairing your residential sewer line is typically more affordable than a sewer line replacement cost, but constant repairs will add up quickly. The most common signs of a damaged or broken sewer line include the following:
- Low water in toilets
- Sewage backup in your drains
- Slow-moving drains throughout your home
- Sewage smell on your property
- Unusual wet areas on your lawn
- Green grass over your sewage pipe
High-Tech Sewer Line Repairs & Replacements
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Washington and Wood County will assess your sewer line to determine the best way to repair or replace it. We provide homeowners with an estimate before performing our services. Our sewer line services won’t rip up your yard or leave you with a big mess. We replace and repair sewer lines using the following plumbing techniques:
- Pipe Relining – We essentially reline your pipes using a unique sleeve that helps to prevent cracks. Pipe relining involves cleaning out your sewer pipe and applying a hardening lining to help create new pipes from the inside out.
- Preventative Maintenance – Preventive pipe maintenance services help catch damaged pipes before they become significant issues. We inspect and clean your pipes and drains to clear debris and find any cracks.
- Burst Pipe Hydraulic Replacement – We pull a new pipe through the broken pipe. The burst pipe hydraulic technique breaks apart your damaged pipe with hydraulics and replaces it with a new pipe.
When Do I Need a Sewer Line Replacement?
Sewer line repairs can only go so far until you need a sewer line replacement. If your sewer line is beyond repair or facing constant repairs, we often recommend a sewer line replacement. We always provide upfront pricing to ensure there are no surprises with our services. Our expert service professionals offer cost-effective trenchless sewer line methods. We always put you first and help you save time and money.
Contact Our Service Professional Team Today
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Washington and Wood County sends licensed and trained service professionals to take care of your plumbing needs. We proudly serve Marietta & Belpre, OH, and Parkersburg, Vienna, & Williamstown, WV. Whether tree roots are taking over your sewer line or you have a clogged pipe, we are here for you. We can fix your deformed or damaged sewer pipe. Contact us today to schedule an appointment for our sewer line repair or replacement services.