The New Year always seems to give us extra motivation to hit the restart button. But forget the cliché of “new year, new me.” Why not tackle some household plumbing projects that you continue to put off? Investing in your plumbing system will not only alleviate any of the day-to-day irritation but it will also put you in a better place to avoid major plumbing emergencies, while increasing the long-term value of your home.
Here are 5 ideas for quick plumbing improvements that will freshen up your home and add immediate value:
NEW KITCHEN FAUCET
- Are you still using the original kitchen faucet that you moved in with? Maybe you’re starting to notice that gross calcium buildup around the nozzle? If so, now is the time to upgrade and replace that old model. New kitchen faucets come with more bells and whistles than ever before – and considering how often the kitchen is in use, homeowners should think about investing in a faucet that will meet all their needs. Whether it’s the convenience of a hands-free or voice activated faucet, or even one that produces chilled and sparkling water, there are endless options that will make using the kitchen fun again!
REPLACE AN OLD TOILET
- It is quite surprising how long most of us are willing to put off a nagging toilet problem. For some of us, it’s the toilet that won’t stop running, and for others, it’s fixing that broken handle or a minor leak. Depending on the cause of the issue, it could be as easy as a quick plumbing repair like replacing a flapper. Regardless of the extent of the issue, homeowners should do their due diligence and consider potential replacement options if their toilet is older. Modern toilets are more environmentally friendly and efficient enough to lower your water bill.
INSTALL A NEW SHOWERHEAD
- Do you look forward to getting into the shower every morning? If your answer is “no” because of the showerhead, then it is time to look at new options that can improve your shower experience. Similar to kitchen faucets, the technology in showerheads has advanced quite a bit over the last 10 years. Check out the long list of options that brands like Kohler offer, including the all-new Moxie showerhead that has a built-in waterproof speaker so you can enjoy listening to your favorite music in the shower.
CLEAN OUT THE DRAIN SYSTEM
- One of the smartest choices a homeowner can make when investing in their home is to hire a professional who can provide HydroScrub drain cleaning services. This is considered the most effective method for clearing clogged drains and restoring them to their original condition. HydroScrub jetting involves using high pressurized water to clean out fats, oils, grease and other organic materials occupying your pipes. Say goodbye to slow drains and have peace of mind knowing your home’s drain system is clog-free for the long-term.
Take Advantage of Mr. Rooter Plumbing’s Special Offers
$40 Off Whole-House Drain HydroScrub Service
WHOLE HOUSE PLUMBING INSPECTION
- Plumbing problems never wait for a convenient time to occur. That’s why at Mr. Rooter Plumbing, our licensed plumbers are ready to serve you seven days a week! As a locally owned and operated business, we want to help ensure our neighbors’ homes are taken care of – and that is why we offer preventative maintenance service. Our plumbers will provide a thorough inspection of your home’s entire interior and exterior plumbing system. From there, they will discuss any future maintenance needs and provide a complete assessment of your plumbing’s current condition. Call our office to schedule a convenient appointment that fits your schedule – (503) 549-4260.
Contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing of West Portland for more ideas on how to upgrade your plumbing. We service residential and commercial customers throughout Beaverton, Tigard, Lake Oswego and surrounding areas – and we never charge extra for night, weekend or holiday service.