Residential Sump Pump Services in West Portland, OR
Repairing & Replacing Sump Pumps for Homeowners
You might not spend much time thinking about your home’s sump pump, but it’s a critical aspect of your plumbing system. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of West Portland specializes in servicing residential sump pumps for homeowners in West Portland, OR. We proudly offer sump pump installation and sump pump repair services. The job of a sump pump is to re-route water from the lowest point of the foundation and protect your basement from flooding. Sump pumps are critical because of all the rain in Oregon. If your sump pump stops working, you can count on our professional plumbers to identify the problem and fix it, so you don’t end up with excessive damage to your home after the next rainstorm. Learn more about installing a sump pump, and get in touch with us to request a job estimate.
We Repair & Install All Types of Sump Pumps
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of West Portland proudly offers comprehensive plumbing solutions for residential sump pumps in Beaverton and Southwest Portland, OR. You can count on us to install, repair, replace, or maintain your sump pump, and we will be happy to give you a quote for your sump pump costs. Our experts work with all types of sump pumps, including those that are plugged into walls or hardwired into electrical systems. If you do not have a backup for your sump pump, our team can install one. We work with some of the most common types of sump pumps, including:
- Submersible Sump Pumps – If you want a sump pump that’s out of sight, you’ll like a submersible sump pump that sits in a sump pit. These sump pumps are more affordable and quieter than pedestal sump pumps.
- Pedestal Sump Pumps – These sump pumps are mounted above the sump pit to provide convenient access to our team to service or test your system. These sump pumps are easy to repair and affordable.
- Battery Back-Up Pumps – These backup systems work together with your existing sump pump. Your battery backup will kick on during a power outage to ensure you do not go without sump pump service.
What You Should Know About Sump Pumps
Your sump pump has the important job of keeping your basement from being flooded. A sump pump has a float switch that gets triggered if water reaches a specific level. When that level is reached, your sump pump starts removing water from the basement and relocates it to an outdoor area, such as a nearby storm drain or a well. Your sump pump should have a battery-powered water-level alarm so your family knows when potential flooding may occur if the sump pump overflows or malfunctions.
Fixing Common Sump Pump Problems
Our experienced plumbers repair many aspects of residential sump pumps. You should have your sump pump checked out each year to ensure you are protected during the next big storm. Our sump pump preventative maintenance services help our plumbers detect issues early on before they become more expensive and significant problems. Untreated sump pumps can put your system and property in jeopardy. Some of the common sump pump problems our team can repair include:
- Clogged parts or pumps
- Improper installation
- Pumps that run continuously
- Switches getting stuck
- Basin overfilling with water