Signs of a Gas Line Emergency
A defective or problematic gas line can jeopardize your family's safety. You should never delay in calling a professional for a gas line inspection if you think there’s a problem with your gas line. If you notice signs of a problem with your gas line, don’t ignore it or try to fix it yourself. Call our experts to schedule a gas line inspection. Being aware of these warning signs of a problem with your gas line can save lives:
- A rotten egg or sulfur smell.
- A sudden increase in your gas bill for no obvious reason.
- Dead vegetation or plants near the gas pipeline.
- A hissing, whistling, or roaring noise coming from your gas meter or gas appliances.
- A pilot light that won’t light or stay lit, an oven that won’t heat up, or a burner that won’t ignite.
- Bubbles in streams, ponds, or other marshy areas around your home.
- Huge flames when a gas leak ignites.
If you notice any of these problems, call the gas company immediately to shut off the gas service to your home. You can also call 911 if you believe you have a gas leak. Do not make the call while inside your home. Take children, pets, and other members of your household outside first.
Signs You Need Gas Line Replacement or New Gas Line Installation
In addition to warning signs of a gas leak, you should know when to consider a non-emergency gas line replacement or new gas line installation. Every few months or so, walk around your house and check the gas pipeline, gas meter, and gas appliances for signs of problems. If you notice any of these issues, contact us to schedule a gas line replacement or new gas line installation:
- Old or damaged gas pipelines.
- Corrosion on the gas pipelines or gas appliance fixtures.
- Exposed gas pipelines.
- Changes to your property line that require new gas line installation.
- A sudden increase in your gas bills could indicate one of your gas appliances isn't functioning properly.
- An increase in electricity rates in your region that would make it cheaper to switch to gas appliances.
- Your gas pipeline has never been inspected or repaired or is over 20 years old.
- Gas line connections have loosened, or gas appliances are malfunctioning.
- You want to install an outdoor kitchen, gas grill, barbecue, or fire pit.
Our Trenchless Method for Replacing Gas Lines
We value our customers' time and money, so we strive to find the most cost-effective and efficient method for replacing gas lines and installing gas lines. We use a trenchless method, so we don't need to dig up your yard or destroy your landscaping. Residential gas lines are usually located underneath a home's front or back yard or under the driveway. We only need to dig two small holes to access the service tee. We can install a gas line by threading it through with a guide wire. Using a trenchless method for a gas line install will save you time and money, and you'll have less downtime without access to your gas appliances.
Installing a Gas Line for Gas Appliances
If you're switching to gas appliances or are remodeling or renovating your home and want to install new gas lines, we can help. We'll send our experienced service professionals to your home for an assessment and inspection and determine where to install a new gas line. Whether you are interested in installing a gas line for one appliance or 10, we’ve got you covered. Our dedicated team has decades of experience in gas line installation, and we’ll make sure the job is done safely, correctly, and completely up to code.
Benefits of Gas Line Installs
More and more people are turning to gas appliances. With natural gas often cheaper than electricity, propane, and fuel oil, our customers want to save money by installing a gas line. A gas line install is also more energy-efficient, which can further lower your energy bills. Other benefits of new gas line installation are:
- Your appliances will still work even in a power outage.
- A gas-powered stove, oven, grill, water heater, furnace, fire pit, or outdoor barbecue functions better than many of their electric counterparts.
- Natural gas is one of the most affordable energy sources available currently.
- Installing a new gas line is often cheaper than re-wiring a home or altering the circuit breaker to handle a bigger load.
Call Today for Gas Line Installation in Albany, OR
If you're ready to schedule a gas line replacement or new gas line installation in Albany, OR, call us at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Albany. We'll send an experienced service professional to your home to discuss your needs and the benefits of a gas line install. Because we want our customers to make informed decisions about installing a gas line, we offer job estimates for the cost of a gas line installation. We will also update you on how long a gas line replacement will take, what we'll be doing step by step, and what you can expect during the process. To learn more or to schedule an appointment for gas line installation in Albany, Corvallis, or Tangent, OR, call our 24/7 live answering service. You can also request a job estimate for the cost of replacing a gas line.