Stop Slab Leaks Fast in Groves
If you have a leak in your concrete slab foundation, it can cause big problems in a hurry. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Groves can find slab leaks and stop them fast.
Symptoms of Slab Leaks
- Wet floors or floors that are buckling
- Hearing water when it isn’t running
- Unexpectedly high water bills
- Cracking walls, sticking doors or other signs of foundation movement
- Mildew forming
Leaks can happen anywhere you have pipes. The service line from your meter runs under your yard or driveway, so if a tree falls or heavy vehicle drives across your yard, it could cause a leak. Plumbing in your walls can freeze. Basements and crawl spaces are susceptible to flooding or pest invasion. Here are the most common causes of slab leaks.
- Temperature change. Pipes expand and contract when hot water runs through them or freezing temperatures reach them. The slight movement wears pipes away over time.
- Settling. The weight of your home can cause a shift that puts pressure on pipes.
- Corrosion. Chemicals in soil and water breaks down copper pipes over time.
- Human error. Damage during installation or renovation might go unnoticed for a time until a leak gets bigger.
How do you fix a slab leak?
To fix a leak, you first have to find it. The licensed plumbers at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Groves have the tools. We’ll use electronic listening equipment and compressed air tanks to find the source of the problem. Once we find it, we have the tools to access it and fix it.
Our experienced staff knows plumbing. We can tell how your pipes are laid out and we know how sound travels through them. We’ll use this knowledge to isolate the leak.
Once we find the leak and stop it, we’ll help you address the problems the leak caused. Sometimes water goes places you don’t expect, and if it stays trapped you’ll have unhealthy mold and mildew in your home. Our professionals have the equipment to get your home completely dried out.
Will my insurance cover repairs?
Most of the time your homeowners insurance will pay for you to have a leak professionally repaired. It should also cover replacing anything the water damaged.
Mr. Rooter Plumbing has the experience, the tools, and the craftsmanship to get your problem fixed fast. Don’t let a slab leak in Groves damage your home. Call our friendly professionals today.