Mr. Rooter Stops Slab Leaks in Lumberton
What should you do if you suspect a slab leak in your home? Act quickly – slab leaks cause extensive damage in a short time. Water gets places it shouldn’t, damaging your home and your possessions, which then leads to mold and mildew that can make you sick. If you suspect a leak, get it stopped right away.
What Causes Leaks?
It may seem like the plumbing in your concrete foundation should be safe, but it’s still exposed to corrosive elements, a few of which include:
- Improperly wrapped pipes. Your pipes expand and contract with changes in temperature. Lumberton has some pretty extreme temperature changes. Hot water and summer heat cause expansion. A freeze makes everything contract. The slight motion over time causes the wrapping around your pipes to rub against the concrete. Small worn areas develop into leaks over time.
- Settling. If your home shifts even slightly, it places pressure on your pipes that can cause a leak.
- Damage from construction. If a construction worker damages a pipe while your home is being built, added on to, or remodeled, you might not notice right away. Over time a small leak turns into a big problem.
- Corrosion. Chemicals in the soil and in drinking water can corrode pipes over time. Weakened pipes eventually spring a leak.
Signs of a Slab Leak in Lumberton
Slab leaks aren’t visible, so how do you know if you have one? Look for these signs.
- You hear water running and can’t locate the source.
- Your water bill spikes, and you know you haven’t used that much more water.
- You have wet carpet or warped flooring.
- Your house smells damp and musty.
- You notice spots in your yard that never dry out.
What Do I Do If I Have a Slab Leak in Lumberton?
Slab leaks take specialized tools and extensive experience to fix. The professionals at Mr. Rooter use electronic listening devices and compressed air to locate even the most difficult-to-find leaks. We know how plumbing is laid out under your home and how sound travels through pipes. We’ll find the source of the problem and fix it.
Our professionals know all the places water can hide. We have the experience and equipment to help you get your home dried out so you can get back to normal. Our courteous professionals are bonded and insured.
It may not even cost you anything. Most of the time homeowners insurance covers slab leak repair and replacement of anything that suffered water damage.
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Lumberton finds slab leaks. We have the tools, the experience and the knowledge to provide the professional slab leak service your home’s needs.