Reasons for Regular Drain Cleaning
- Drain cleaning helps remove buildup that attaches to the walls of your pipes. This buildup will allow other debris to stick and then you have the makings of a future clog. The buildup can also cause corrosion. Corrosion weakens your pipes and makes the probability of a leak or break higher.
- You won’t have the smells that come from clogged pipes any longer.
- The risk of having a pipe burst or leak because of a clog is drastically lower.
- You are less likely to have a backup of sewage from your main sewer line.
- Regular maintenance allows for regular inspections which will help you catch plumbing problems while they are small!
- Bacteria isn’t as bad in your drains when they get cleaning regularly.
- Your finances become stable when you have regular home maintenance. There won’t be as many plumbing surprises that cost you money when you have drain cleaning as part of your preventative maintenance.
Clogged Drain Repair Services
A clog in your pipes can cause more significant problems with your plumbing. Some clogs cause damage quickly, while others take years to cause a pipe to start leaking or break. If you do participate in annual drain cleaning, then it is highly unlikely that you would need clogged drain repair services.
Signs There is a Clogged Drain in Your Home
- If your drains release water slowly, then you have a clog in your plumbing system. A sewer line clog is usually detected by how many drains you have problems within your home. If you have more than one slow drain or gurgling in your sink when you flush your toilet, then you probably have a clog in your main sewer line. If the problem is isolated to one drain or pipe, then you probably have a small clog in a secondary line.
- If you have water that backs up into your home, then you may be working on a total clog in your main line. Having repairs done right away will help save your main line and your other pipes from corrosion because of water that sits in the pipes.
- Sewage backing up is the same as water, but the mess and damage are worse when the sewer backs up. If you notice sewage at all, then it is time to get help with your plumbing.
- If you notice that your toilet or sinks gurgle when you put water down them, then you probably have a problem that will get worse.
- If you notice a difference in your lawn, such as plants grow faster, or the grass is a different color in one spot, then you could have a break in your main sewer line. Even just a leak should eventually show changes in your yard above the line.
If your drains smell and you can’t make the smell go away, then you probably have a clog allowing your pipes to smell bad. Cleaning will help you avoid the odors that come with the buildup of a clog over time.