Symptoms of Slab Leaks
- If you hear running water in your home or business, but there aren’t any faucets on, then there is probably a leak in your walls or under your home. Running water is a good indicator that something is wrong and could be dangerous to the structure of your home.
- If you notice that there is a decrease in the water pressure in your home, then you probably have a leak in your plumbing system. If you can’t determine if there is a leak, Mr. Rooter can help you figure out where the problem is and fix it.
- If you have a water bill that is higher than average and it keeps going up, then you may have a leak in your plumbing. If you don’t notice the leak, it is likely that it is somewhere that small leaks go unnoticed until they are significant problems. Slab leaks are notorious for being major problems when detected.
- If your flooring is wet or warped, then you probably have a leak in your slab foundation. Call Mr. Rooter right away, so that you can avoid the hazards of mold and mildew in your home.
- You may notice smells or discoloration in your flooring.
Reasons a Slab Leaks
Slab leaks are caused by many different factors. You may have a leak because of burst pipes, corrosion in your plumbing, or tree roots.
Slab Leak Repair Services
A slab leak is usually dangerous to a home or business. If you think you have a slab leak or issue with your foundation because of a plumbing issue, then it should have repairs right away. A water or sewer leak can cause a home to mildew, mold, and have odors that are hard to remove. It is quite natural for a home to become a place that isn’t safe to live it if there is a problem with the foundation that goes on unnoticed for a long time.
Once a plumber from Mr. Rooter finds the leak in your foundation, then they will start to fix the problem. There are different ways to fix a slab leak, and our professional plumbers will let you know the best option for your specific situation.
We can use pipe coating to fix a pipe from the inside out if the problem isn’t too serious. This is a good option when you don’t want the expense of cutting into your foundation.
There is the option of cutting open the foundation and fixing the pipe or pipes. This is the most used method for newer homes.
If you have an older home that has plumbing issues regularly, then your whole plumbing may need replacing.
Using a professional for your slab leak problems is the best way to handle the situation. You may also want to contact your insurance company to see what is covered under your homeowner’s insurance policy.