Residential Clogged Drain Cleaning Service in Elkhart, IN
Expert Plumbing Services to Unclog Your Home’s Drains
All the drains throughout your home work hard to flush down water and waste into your residential plumbing system. Every now and then, it’s not uncommon to experience a clogged drain. Whether it’s hair building up in your bathtub drain or food particles clogging your kitchen sink drain, they can be clogged easily and become an inconvenience to deal with. Fortunately, the team of licensed plumbers at Mr. Rooter® Plumbing of North Central Indiana can effectively clean your residential clogged drains with our plumbing services for homeowners in Elkhart, IN and the surrounding areas, including Kosciusko County, Goshen, and Warsaw.
We know that clogged drains can be frustrating, but our team will visit your home and take care of the issue so water can flow freely again. Our residential drain cleaning services include floor, downspout, storm, sewer drains, and more. We will repair clogged sink drains and any other issues you’re dealing with in your home. Reach out to our friendly team today to learn more about our premier clogged drain cleaning services and request a job estimate!
Why Are Your Home’s Drains Important?
It’s not uncommon for homeowners in Elkhart or Kosciusko County, IN to neglect their drains. When they aren’t clogged, it’s hard to tell what’s going on down there. Over time, wastewater that contains dust, dirt, food, hair, soap, and other debris, will slow down the flow of water and lead to a clogged drain. Ignoring this issue can lead to several plumbing issues, from backed-up toilets to floor damage and foul odors. An issue with one drain in your home can lead to problems in other drains since your plumbing system is all connected, so we recommend giving us a call as soon as you notice any signs of a clogged drain.
Signs You Have a Clogged Drain
If the water in your sinks, tubs, or toilets stops draining or gets backed up, you’re probably dealing with a clogged drain. Our licensed plumbers offer comprehensive drain cleaning services for clogged drains and will start with a thorough inspection to determine the best solution to solve your problem. Schedule an appointment with the team of experts at Mr. Rooter® Plumbing of North Central Indiana for clogged drain repairs if you notice any of the following signs of a clogged drain:
- Toilets backing up
- Foul odors near drains
- Wet or soggy areas of your yard
- Water forming around sinks, showers, bathtubs, or laundry appliances
- Toilets bubbling or gurgling
- Sinks and tubs draining slowly
Cleaning & Repairing All Types of Drains
All the drains in your home perform the same function for your plumbing system, but not all drains are the same. Mr. Rooter® Plumbing of North Central Indiana offers residential clogged drain cleaning services for many types of drains, including the following:
- Kitchen Drains – The drains in your kitchen can easily become clogged by food particles, grease, and oil. It’s important to avoid putting any grease or oil down the kitchen sink because those substances can harden inside the plumbing pipes. You should also avoid putting any meat, bones, or fibrous vegetables down the garbage disposal.
- Bathroom Drains – The drains in your bathroom can become easily clogged with hair, toothpaste, and build-up from other household products we use daily. You can try installing a drain cover for your sink and tub to catch the hair before it goes down the drain. It also helps to run hot water while brushing your teeth to prevent the toothpaste from hardening inside the pipes.
- Floor Drains – Floor drains can get clogged just as easily as your bathroom and kitchen drains. Floor drains are typically located in homes' garages, basements, and laundry rooms. Floor drains become easily clogged with dirt, dust, leaves, and other debris in your house. Clogged floor drains can cause floor damage, so it’s important to address these issues quickly.
Determining Whether You Have a Clogged Drain
If you have a significant clog, you must call an experienced, licensed plumber to take care of your drain cleaning service. We understand property owners might want to try to unclog it before calling a professional, so we’ve included a few tips below that you can do to determine if you have a clog and attempt to clear a minor clog. A few steps to try before you give us a call include the following:
- Prepare a pot or hot water kettle if your sink drains slowly. Use hot water to clear your clogged drain if it’s caused by hardened fats, oils, or household products.
- Carefully pour the hot water into the drain after most or all of the water has drained from your sink.
- Schedule routine cleaning and drain inspections as a preventative measure.
- Use a plunger and snake drain to unclog your drains. Start by centering the plunger over the top of the drain, and then use the snake to pull the clog out of your pipe.
- Throw away any clogged material in the trash can because flushing it down the pipes will lead to another clog.
Call Us for Drain Cleaning Services for Clogged Drains Today
When you have a clogged drain on your residential property, you can count on the plumbing professionals at Mr. Rooter® Plumbing of North Central Indiana to provide quick, effective, and affordable solutions. We have years of experience providing a wide array of exceptional plumbing services to home and business owners throughout Elkhart, IN and the surrounding areas, including Kosciusko County and Warsaw. Our team is proud to keep your home’s drains operating smoothly, and we offer preventative maintenance services that can save you time, money, and hassle. Contact our team today to schedule service or request a job estimate!