Fixing Common Sump Pump Problems
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Rhode Island works on all types of residential sump pump systems for homeowners in Rhode Island. We are happy to answer any questions you might have and give you an estimate for your residential sump pump cost. Our team of service professionals has the expertise, experience, and equipment needed to repair many aspects of your sump pump. Annual sump pump inspections are highly recommended to ensure your home stays protected, and you don’t end up with a flooded basement. Our sump pump preventative maintenance services will help us detect any potential issues early before they get too expensive and cause damage to your property. Untreated sump pump issues can put your system and property in jeopardy. Our service professionals offer comprehensive sump pump services and can fix all the most common sump pump problems, including the following:
- Clogged parts or pumps
- Improper installation
- Basin overfilling with water
- Switches that get stuck
- Pumps that run continuously
We Repair & Install Many Types of Sump Pumps
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Rhode Island proudly offers comprehensive plumbing services for residential sump pumps in Rhode Island. Our experts offer sump pump repair, installation, replacement, maintenance, and more. We would be happy to help you determine whether your sump pump can be repaired or needs to be replaced. Our team can also help you choose the right type of sump pump for your home. We work with multiple styles of residential sump pump systems, including those that are plugged into walls and hardwired into your home’s electrical system. Allow us to install a backup for your sump pump if you don’t have one already. Our service technicians work on all types of residential sump pumps, including the following:
- Pedestal Sump Pumps – These sump pump types are mounted above the sump pit, providing easy access for our professionals when your sump pump system requires service. Pedestal sump pumps are affordable for homeowners and easy for our team members to repair.
- Submersible Sump Pumps – If you prefer your sump pump hidden out of sight, a submersible sump pump is what you want. These sump pumps sit in a sump pit. Submersible sump pumps are quieter than pedestal versions and are also more affordable.
- Battery Back-Up Pumps – Installing a backup system is recommended. Your battery backup pump will work together with your pedestal or submersible sump pump. The battery backup system will kick on if a power outage occurs, ensuring you don’t go without sump pump service and putting your basement at risk of being flooded.
What You Should Know About Sump Pumps
Most homeowners aren’t expected to know a lot about the sump pumps in their homes and how they work. There’s nothing wrong with leaving that knowledge to our service professionals, but we do want to help you learn what you should know about sump pumps. Having some basic understanding of sump pumps may help you catch a problem early on so you can save money, time, and hassle by catching a minor issue before it becomes a more expensive and significant problem. Your home’s sump pump has the vital job of keeping your basement from getting flooded. A sump pump has a float switch that is triggered once the water reaches a specific level. When that level is reached, the sump pump will kick on and start to remove water from your basement. That water is relocated to an outdoor area, which is often a well or nearby storm drain. Your sump pump should have a battery-powered water-level alarm that will alert your family to potential flooding if the sump pump overflows or malfunctions.
Schedule Sump Pump Services Today
Multiple scenarios may call for having a sump pump installed, repaired, or replaced. You may be building a new home and need help choosing the right sump pump. Other homeowners may be experiencing a problem with their sump pump and need a professional to inspect the system and determine if a repair is possible or a replacement is necessary. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Rhode Island offers comprehensive plumbing services for homes and businesses, including trenchless sewer line repair, Hydro Scrub® Jetting, clogged drain cleaning, and more. Contact us today to schedule service or request a job estimate.