Slab Leak Location and Repair
How do I know if I have a slab leak?
- High water bill
- Sound of constantly water running
- Flooding – a small puddle in the middle of a room, wet carpet and you don’t own a dog, water flowing out the front door, a soggy yard
Can a homeowner fix a slab leak?
- Tools are a major obstacle to a homeowner attempting to repair a slab leak: electronic listening devices, compressed air tanks to aid in location, jackhammer to break up the concrete slab.
- Experience locating a leak cannot be understated. Experience is necessary because the professional exercises judgement based upon knowledge of how plumbing is laid out under the slab and how sound travels in the pipes.
- Homeowner’s Insurance typically covers the repair of the slab leak and the resultant water damage; therefore, let the insurance company pay to get the right people out to the job professionally and quickly so you can get back to a normal life.
- Hidden moisture…some not so hidden…requires a professional with the proper experience and specialized equipment to completely dry out your home. Hidden moisture can lead to unhealthy mold, mildew and odor.
How do I choose a professional to repair my slab leak?
- Reviews can tell you a lot about a professional. Do they have reviews? How do they respond to a negative review?
- Which company makes you feel the most comfortable and “at ease”?
- Who explains the process to you?
- Who is going to keep your house clean during this process?
- Can they refer other professionals to help with the water damage restoration?
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Savannah has the staff, the experience, the tools and the heart to provide the professional slab leak service you deserve.