Common Causes of Sewer Line Damage
A sewer line is constantly working to carry water and waste away from your home. It may wear down over time or get damaged by exterior forces. The most common causes of sewer line damage include:
- Earth movement from heavy construction
- Aging pipes
- Improper sewer pipe installation or design
- Poor maintenance
- City sewer line backup
- Tree root intrusion
- Ground freezing and thawing
- Pipe buildups
How Do I Know if I Have a Broken Sewer Pipe?
Our service professionals will determine the extent of your plumbing issues. Our professionals use video inspection equipment to locate the cause of your damaged sewer pipe. We can inspect its severity and offer repair or replacement options. Always be on the lookout for common signs of a broken or damaged sewer pipe, including:
- Slow-moving drains
- Lack of water in your toilets
- Strange pools of water on your lawn
- Foul odors around your property
- Sewage backup in toilets and drains
- Greener grass near your sewage pipe
Explaining Trenchless Sewer Line Repairs
Our service professionals do all we can to preserve your lawn and landscaping. Our trenchless sewer line repair involves fixing your sewer pipe without damaging your property. Our innovative trenchless sewer line repairs can usually be done in less than a day with permanent results.
Broken Sewer Line Repair Options
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Toledo, OH extensively examines your sewer line to determine the best repair or replacement approach. We exhaust all options before deciding on a sewer line replacement. We repair broken sewer lines with the following:
- Pipe Relining – Pipe relining gives you new pipes by using your existing pipes and a seamless pipe. Our team installs the new pipes from the inside out and relines the pipes with sleeves.
- Preventative Maintenance – Stay ahead of any plumbing issues with preventative pipe maintenance services. We clean and inspect your pipes to prolong their lifespan.
- Burst Pipe Hydraulic Replacement – The burst pipe hydraulic replacement pulls a new sewer pipe through the existing pipe. We use hydraulics to break apart the damaged pipe and place a new seamless one.
Helping to Prevent Sewer Line Backups
Some sewer line backups are inevitable, but you can do your part to help prevent clogs. The best ways to help prevent sewer line backups include the following:
- Never flush anything but toilet paper, including wet wipes, paper towels, and feminine hygiene products.
- Never pour grease or oil into your drain because they can solidify and quickly cause clogged pipes.
- Install a drain strainer in your sinks, showers, and tubs to catch hair and soap residue.
- Take advantage of our plumbing maintenance services to catch plumbing problems.
Expert Sewer Line Replacements
The truth is that sewer lines face wear and tear over time. We will always explain your options and offer an in-home estimate on our sewer services. You can depend on us for upfront and honest pricing for a residential sewer line replacement. We are committed to taking care of your sewer line services while saving you time and money. We know a sewer line replacement is not ideal, but our trenchless sewer line services help make the experience fast and easy.
Contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Toledo, OH
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Toledo, OH. is always here for your plumbing needs. Sewer line repairs and replacements can be dangerous and messy, so it’s critical to leave the work to our professionals. Our team understands the scope of the job and is extensively trained in sewer line services. We back our work with a guarantee to get the job done right the first time. We offer emergency plumbing services to help in your time of need. Contact us today to request an in-home cost estimate regarding our plumbing services.