Residential Sewer System Backups in Colorado Springs, CO
We Fix Residential Sewer System Backups
Your plumbing can face serious damage from various sources, including tree roots and debris. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Colorado Springs, our experienced service professionals specialize in repairing sewer system backups and sewer systems that have been damaged by these common pipe threats. With a deep understanding of plumbing systems and various property layouts, our team can quickly and efficiently repair sewer system backups caused by tree roots and other sources throughout Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Fountain, Widefield, Security, Rockrimmon, and Woodmen, CO. We're available via our 24/7 live answering service to ensure your plumbing system functions properly.
What Are the Warning Signs of a Sewer System Backup?
If you notice any issues with your sewer line, give us a call as soon as possible so we can find the problem and repair it. To detect sewer line problems, there are several warning signs to look out for, including:
- Water backup from one or more drains, such as the toilet, shower, or sink.
- Multiple drain backups at the same time.
- A strong sewage smell emanating from drains or outside your home.
- Any combination of drain backups involving the toilet.
- Gurgling sounds from the drains or toilet.
- Water pools around the basement floor drain.
Tree Root Intrusions
When there is pipe condensation or leaky pipes, tree roots can be attracted to them as a source of nourishment. When water is detected, trees increase root growth in that area, which can clog the sewer system and eventually burst the pipe. Indications of intrusion may include sewage backup in the toilet or bathtub, gurgling sounds from the toilet, tubs that do not drain properly, and an empty toilet bowl. To address these issues, we will implement the following solutions:
- Rooter Work and Drain Cleaning – To address tree root blockages in your sewer, we will clear the line and assess the extent of the problem to recommend a long-term solution.
- Hydro Jetting – Hydro jetting involves using high-pressure water to thoroughly clean pipes and remove debris, grease, and roots for a lasting solution.
- Pipe Lining – Pipe lining is a permanent fix that involves sealing the entire sewer pipe or just the affected section to prevent water leakage without digging or demolishing any structures.
- Pipe Bursting – Pipe bursting is another permanent option that involves breaking apart the old pipe and installing a new seamless pipe using hydraulic equipment.
- Maintenance – We offer ongoing maintenance plans that include regular inspections and drain cleaning to prevent clogs and root growth.
Sewer System Backups
A sewer backup can cause more extensive problems than a sink or toilet blockage. If left unattended, a sewer backup could result in significant expenses to repair property damage and contamination, including environmental cleanup. If you suspect a sewer system backup, it's important to seek professional help. Our experienced service professionals can assist you in avoiding property contamination, environmental concerns, and serious health risks. Signs of a sewer system backup include:
- Sewage backup (smelly black liquid) in toilets or drains.
- Slow flushing and draining toilet.
- More than one drain in the house is running slowly.
- Wastewater seeping from the ground, which may or may not have an odor.
- Lots of very green grass, even during dry, hot weather.
- Bacteria in your well. Liquid from your sewer system could flow into and contaminate your drinking water well through the ground.
- Algae or weeds growing in a pond near your house.
- Bad odors around the house due to incorrectly vented or failing sewer systems.
Call Us to Repair a Sewer System Backup
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Colorado Springs offers a range of sewer backup prevention systems and solutions in the Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Fountain, Widefield, Security, Rockrimmon, and Woodmen, CO areas. Whether you're experiencing a minor drain issue or a complete backup, our team of experienced service professionals is ready to provide efficient and reliable service to get your sewer system back up and running smoothly. Contact us for all your plumbing needs, and be sure to ask about our Advantage Plan for regular maintenance and savings.