What Do You Do in A Plumbing Emergency?
When a plumbing emergency occurs, there’s not much you can do at the moment besides shut off your water valve and call an emergency plumber. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Southeast Georgia, we’re fully qualified to handle any plumbing emergency you may be dealing with. We are proud to abide by a strict code of ethics and service, which is seen in everything we do.
Our experienced plumbers are proud to serve Southeast Georgia and the surrounding regions, including:
What Is Considered A Plumbing Emergency?
While every plumbing issue should be addressed by a professional plumber sooner rather than later, it’s important to understand that not all plumbing issues can be treated as an emergency. Emergency plumbing is identified as any plumbing issues that have, or have the potential to, cause damage to your property or system.
Some common plumbing emergencies we see in Douglas include:
- Sewage Backup – At the first sign of hazardous waste reaching your home’s drains, sinks, or tubs, you should call our team. Not only does sewage pose a health and safety risk to you and your family, but it also has the possibility of contaminating your home’s water supply.
- Leaking Pipes / Pipe Burst – While it can be quite obvious at times, there are many scenarios where a burst pipe could go unnoticed. Whether you’re watching water spray from your pipes or noticing a fresh green patch in your lawn, it’s important to shut off your water valve and give the professionals at Mr. Rooter a call!
- Sump Pump Malfunction – Whether your home’s sump pump suffered a malfunction or outrighted failed during a storm, you’re at major risk of flooding and water damage. As soon as you notice your sump pump not working correctly during a heavy storm, give our team a call! We’ll be there as quickly as possible to get things under control.
Any plumbing repair issue that has the potential to damage your home or system should be addressed by our Douglas emergency plumbers as soon as possible. The sooner our team is called, the sooner we can work to get things back to normal.
How Can I Avoid Plumbing Emergencies?
One of the best ways to protect your property from dealing with the onslaught of unexpected plumbing emergencies is by having the proper preventive plumbing maintenance completed in the first place. It’s also important to understand the early warning signs of plumbing problems to avoid future issues.
Some of the common warning signs of plumbing issues to look out for include:
- Foul Odor – Any unpleasant odor in your home should be inspected, especially when it’s coming from your drain. A foul smell may tell you a clog is present, or your sewer line is having some trouble. Either way, it’s important to have a plumber inspect the drain as soon as possible.
- Gurgling – Whether you’ve noticed air bubbles come out from a slow-moving drain or your system is making some odd gulping or gurgling noises, it’s important to have the noises addressed, as there may be a clog present, trapping air in your system.
- Unexplained Puddles – From your lawn to inside your home, any unexplained water puddles should be a sign that something isn’t right. While it may be a simple leak, it’s important to have it address as soon as possible. If ignored, expect a spike in your water bill and a plumbing disaster waiting to happen!
Routine and regular cleaning and tune-up services will help ensure your plumbing system is free of issues that can quickly grow to become an emergency. Some of the simplest plumbing issues can develop into major plumbing emergencies, such as a burst pipe, that causes thousands of dollars in needed plumbing and property repairs.
Having the proper routine services completed ensures your system is in good health. It’s only a fraction of the price compared to fixing and repairing a major plumbing emergency that was never caught in advance.
Emergency Plumbing Near You At Mr. Rooter of Southeast Georgia
When you need a trusted, go-to plumbing partner in Douglas, be sure to turn to Mr. Rooter Plumbing! Backed by over 50 years of experience, our locally owned and operated team is dedicated to delivering you the emergency plumbing services you need.
With our commitment to never charging extra for emergency, weekend, holiday, or after work, you can rest easy knowing that Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Southeast Georgia is available around the clock for yours and your family’s needs.