What Does a Traverse City Toilet Installation Service Include?
Not every toilet is created equal. By now, you have so many different types and brands to choose from; it has become a paradox of choice. Luckily, our Traverse City plumbers are up-to-date with them all and happy to help you weigh the pros and cons. You may think that installing the same type and brand will suffice, but wait until you have learned about other types with their flushing mechanisms.
Types of Toilets We Handle
When considering your new Traverse City toilet installation, there are two things to consider: toilet type and flush mechanism.
- One-piece: A one-piece is a traditional model that has the tank and bowl joined together. It’s highly effective and durable and keeps leak issues to a minimum.
- Two-piece: A two-piece toilet has a separate bowl and tank. It’s a little bit less expensive than a one-piece and can be more economical because it allows you to customize certain parts.
- Wall-mounted: Wall-hung units are ideal for space-saving purposes. The tank is conveniently installed inside the wall. These are most commonly used in public spaces but are also a possibility for residential homes. Due to the complexity of installation, this may be the most expensive option.
Advanced Flushing Mechanisms
Back in 1994, we used to waste more than five gallons of water to flush, but luckily, flush mechanisms have advanced by miles. Whether you choose a one-piece or two-piece system, choosing the right flushing method could make a huge difference.
- Pressure-Assisted Flush: This is one of the most common mechanisms with a pressure vessel inside the tank. Inside that vessel, water mixes with compressed air and becomes pressurized. The result is a powerful flush. Pressure-assisted mechanisms are reliable, efficient, and strong but can be a little too noisy for some people.
- Dual Flush: Dual-flush systems allow you to choose from a big flush for solid waste versus a half flush for liquid waste. It’s an economical and environmentally friendly option that many households have.
- Gravity: Gravity-assisted mechanisms operate a fill valve that releases water from the tank. It creates a siphoning effect—in other words—a natural force of gravity to push waste through the trapway. It operates silently, requiring fewer parts.
When you hire Mr. Rooter Plumbing for a Traverse City toilet installation service, rest assured that we’ll guide you through the whole process and ensure you pick the right system with the best features to meet your needs.
Why Pick Mr. Rooter Plumbing for Traverse City Toilet Installation Services?
The dedicated team at Mr. Rooter Plumbing has been serving its local community for many years. We are committed to delivering excellent workmanship that always guarantees 100% customer satisfaction. Traverse City and surrounding cities choose our trusted plumbing services because of the proven track record of our licensed plumbers, who are efficient, skilled, and courteous. Not only is our team fully insured and experienced, but they’re locals just like you. They are familiar with the most common plumbing issues in Traverse City that include leaky faucets, clogged drains, moisture damage in basements, and more. With our exceptional plumbing maintenance and plumbing repair services, we help homeowners maintain healthy pipework for years to come. Whether you need hot water heater or frozen pipe services, we are your team!
Traverse City Toilet Installation FAQs
How Much Does a Traverse City Toilet Installation Cost?
The overall cost will depend on your choice of toilet and whether you may need a drain replacement or adjustment. And since we don’t charge by the hour but rather by the project, we would need a bit more information on the project scope. Feel free to call us at to find out more. We’ll be happy to discuss the price range with you.
What Are the Warning Signs that I Need a Toilet Replacement?
Telltale signs may vary. Some might still be working fine, but you may not be aware that it has become less efficient. You could be paying for more water than you need. If you can, find out your current toilet’s age and whether it has received any repairs in the past. Otherwise, pay attention to these warning signs:
- Recurring clogs
- Wobbling, rocking
- Bad flushing mechanism
- Leaks around the toilet bowl
- Surface damage
- Needs frequent repairs
- It’s over 20 years old
Are Low-Flow Toilets Worth It?
If you’re looking for a water-saving system, low-flow units are certainly a good investment. They use a lot less water to flush (between 1.28 and 1.6 gallons of water) and can last you for up to 30 years. The only downside is that they can be prone to clogs if not used responsibly. So they may not be suitable for large family households where you can’t control everybody’s flushing habits. However, there are other types of water-saving systems that are worth looking into, such as two-stage flush systems.
Need to Upgrade Your 20-Year-Old Toilet? Hire Mr. Rooter for a Brand-New Toilet Installation, Traverse City, MI!
You don’t have to wait until your future bathroom remodel to get a new toilet installation. Traverse City, MI plumbers help property owners upgrade their toilets all the time; it’s a simple process that can bring huge savings to your household. New technology promotes water- and energy-saving systems also have a longer lifespan to offer.
Call and speak with one of our knowledgeable customer service representatives. Find out how a new Traverse City toilet installation or drain cleaning
service can restore your peace of mind. You will no longer have to deal with a constantly clogged toilet! Our expert plumbers proudly serve the locals of Traverse City, as well as other service areas, including Bear Lake, Falmouth, Maple City, and beyond.