Signs You Have a Clogged Drain
A clogged drain can sometimes be easy to identify, but that isn’t always the case. You’ll probably notice when your water stops flowing or your sink gets backed up, but those are just a couple of obvious signs that you require clogged drain cleaning from Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Delmarva. Our clog pipe drain cleaners will come to your home and perform a thorough inspection and diagnose the problem before solving it quickly and effectively. Some common signs that you have a clogged drain include:
- Foul odors coming from drains
- Toilets backing up
- Soggy areas of your lawn
- Toilets making bubbling sounds
- Puddles of water near showers, bathtubs, sinks, or laundry appliances
- Sinks that drain slowly and gurgle
We Repair Multiple Types of Drains
All drains essentially have the same function, but each type of drain is different. We offer clogged drain cleaning services for all types of residential drains, including:
- Bathroom Drains – Some of the most common culprits of bathroom drain clogs include soap, hair, and toothpaste. You can install drain covers in your bathroom and bathtub sinks. When you brush your teeth, run hot water to help prevent toothpaste from hardening in your pipes.
- Kitchen Drains – Your kitchen sink drain can easily become clogged by food particles, grease, and oils. Try to avoid putting any oil or grease down your drain when cleaning up after your meal, so they don’t harden inside your pipes. Don’t use your garbage disposal for fibrous vegetables, bones, or meat.
- Floor Drains – You’ll find floor drains in basements, garages, and laundry rooms. These drains can become clogged by dust, dirt, leaves, and other types of debris. Clogged floor drains can lead to floor damage. Make sure you have these drains cleaned from time to time because they’re easy to forget about.
Effectively Fixing Clogged Drains
To identify if you have a clogged drain, you’ll want to check to see if your sink is draining correctly. If you do have a clogged drain, the team at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Delmarva is standing by. Here are some things you can do about clogged drains:
- When water is still partially draining, allow it to do so while preparing a pot or kettle of hot water. Boiled water can clear clogged drains of hardened oils and fats. Pour the hot water into your drain carefully after all or most of the water has drained from your sink. Be sure you schedule routine drain inspections and cleanings to be proactive.
- Use a plunger and snake drain if you have a clogged drain. A sink plunger is easy to use and can help you move the clog up near the top of the drain. You can then use a drain snake to pull the clogging material out of the pipe. Throw away any material you retrieve into the trash, and do not flush it down the pipe.
- If the previously mentioned steps don’t work, you need to call our professional plumbers. DIY clogged drain solutions can’t unclog a drain with a deep clog, such as from tree roots. Our plumbers have the expertise, equipment, and experience necessary to unclog even the worst drains.
Special Offer From Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Delmarva
Schedule Drain Cleaning Services Today
We are here for you so you can keep your drain in optimal condition and ensure they are working correctly. Our team also offers preventative maintenance services so you can save money, time, and hassle. We are available 24/7 if you require emergency drain cleaning services in Salisbury. Our team can provide you with an estimate for your clogged drain repair cost, so contact us today, and don’t forget to take advantage of our special offer.