While many emergencies should be left up to the experts to deal with, you can take some steps to help mitigate the damage. This includes:
- Turning off water sources: The shut-off valves for many common household fixtures are located underneath the fixture itself, close to the wall.
- Turning off heating devices: A heating or powered device or appliance should be turned off to prevent fires and other dangerous conditions.
- Isolating leaks: To prevent excess damage, use a bucket, pot, or other waterproof container to catch water leaking from your fixtures or pipes.
- Removing standing water: Prevent slips and falls by mopping up excess water.
- Removing obvious clogs: Use a plunger to try to remove surface clogs in your toilet or sink. Never plunge your garbage disposal, however. Wait for us to tackle that for you!
While following the above instructions won't always fix your plumbing emergency, they can assist stop further harm. You'll be able to take a back seat and allow the professionals to handle the situation once our emergency plumbers in Dublin, Georgia arrive, knowing that you tried your best to assist.
Taking Preventive Measures
There are things you can do to help prevent future plumbing problems, even if there is no way to completely prevent them. Ensure that the plumbing fixtures in your property are fitted correctly. Trusting our staff to perform routine maintenance inspections will help extend the life of your plumbing system while assisting in the prevention of big disasters down the road.
Expert Local Plumbers in Dublin, GA
Our parent firm has been offering high-quality plumbing services to households all over the nation for close to 50 years. For your peace of mind, our plumbers are licensed and insured, and all of our locations are locally owned and run. Thus, our staff can provide courteous, professional, and high-quality service.
To ensure that you always know we have your back, we are delighted to offer guarantees on all of our services and the components we employ. In order to provide you with a clear idea of the cost of a service, we also proudly provide upfront pricing. Moreover, we do not impose overtime fees. For quality emergency plumbing, you can rely on us.
To schedule emergency residential plumbing services in Dublin, GA, please call us today! An emergency plumber near you will be on their way shortly.