Drain Cleaning Services in Lexington, KY
Call Us for Rooter Service Near You
Letting an experienced plumbing contractor in Lexington, KY finish your drain cleaning project is an excellent way to enjoy lasting results. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Lexington, KY, we understand that you may be able to purchase chemicals that promise results, but our team of licensed plumbing repair experts has access to state-of-the-art technology that helps ensure quality services for a reasonable price.
Video Inspection & HydroScrub Services
When you deal with our Lexington plumbers, you'll have a chance to see the condition of your plumbing's interior because we'll perform a video inspection. If there's a minor clog caused by accumulated soap or hair, or other substances that shouldn't be in your drain, we'll show you where the problem lies. We can replace damaged sewer lines or find a solution to your septic tank issues. Our team has access to HydroScrub® technology that will allow us to restore your pipes to like-new condition.
What Is HydroScrub®?
HydroScrub® is jetting technology that uses water pressure to push through tough clogs in your drains and pipes. Using a large water tank and a high-pressure hose, the HydroScrub® is able to more successfully and efficiently dislodge debris than the traditional snaking method.
Why Is HydroScrub® Better Than Traditional Unclogging Methods?
The conventional cable method still can work, but the HydroScrub® is going to have lasting results. Snakes can push through clogs and open small holes, but it’s only a matter of time before those small opened waterways get clogged again. The HydroScrub® can push the whole clog out and make sure it isn’t a future problem.
How Do I Unclog a Drain Naturally?
If you want to try the DIY route first, there are a couple of natural remedies you could try to remove a clog from your drain. We would recommend avoiding harsh chemicals for clog removal, since they could destroy your pipes.
Natural drain cleaning methods include the following:
Baking Soda and Vinegar
- Pour ½ cup of baking soda down your drain
- Next, pour ½ cup of vinegar down to follow
- Plug the drain and let it sit for 1 hour
- After an hour, unplug the drain and pour a pot of boiling water down
- If need be, continue to pour boiling water down the drain until its clear
Baking Soda and Lemon Juice
- Pour ½ cup baking soda down your drain
- Follow with ½ cup lemon juice
- Plug your drain and let it sit for 1 hour
- Pour a pot of boiling water down the drain
Baking Soda and Salt
- Mix ½ cup of baking soda with ½ cup of salt
- Pour your mixture down the drain
- Let it sit from 30 minutes (minimum) to 8 hours (maximum)
- Pour a pot of boiling water down the drain
Baking Soda, Salt, and Cream of Tartar
- Mix 1 cup of baking soda, 1 cup of salt, and ¼ cup of cream of tartar
- Stir together and put in a clean, covered jar
- Pour ¼ of the mixture down your drain and quickly pour 1 cup of boiling water
- Wait for 10 seconds before rinsing down with cold water
Baking Soda, Borax, and Vinegar
- Pour ¼ cup of salt down the drain
- Follow it with ¼ cup Borax
- Followed up by ½ cup of vinegar
- Pour a boiling pot of water down the drain and let it sit for an hour
- After an hour, rinse with ingredients down with hot tap water
No matter what, you're going to need baking soda on your side to remove stubborn clogs. However, no method is perfect. For clogs that won’t quit, call our Lexington drain cleaning professionals to help!
How Much Does It Cost to Clean Out a Drain?
The cost of Lexington drain cleaning depends on several factors, including the severity of the clog and its location. For example, clearing out a sink clog is less involved than cleaning out a clogged main sewer line, so their costs will differ. On average, drain cleaning can cost anywhere from $135 to $560, while cleaning a main sewage line can cost up to $800. Call our Lexington drain cleaning experts at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Lexington, KY to request an estimate for your drain cleaning issue. Mr. Rooter offers upfront, flat-rate fees for your service, so you know exactly what to expect on your bill. We also don’t charge overtime fees, so call us 24/7 if you’re having a drain cleaning emergency, no matter if it’s after hours or on a weekend.
For your convenience, the technicians at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Lexington, KY are available on your schedule. When you'd like professional results on a drain cleaning project anywhere in the Lexington area, contact us.