A clogged drain is one of those inconveniences that can happen to any property at any time. Nothing is more frustrating than watching water refuse to drain or smelling sewage odors as they waft from the drain. Clogged drains can also lead to mold, mildew, and bacteria growth, which is bad news for your health and the structural integrity of your home.
It's wise to know when to call a professional instead of grabbing a plunger. It is often possible to solve plumbing problems yourself. Unfortunately, DIY solutions sometimes cause more harm than good. For example, pouring chemicals down a clogged drain may temporarily relieve the backup. However, these chemicals can damage your pipes – causing long-term problems.
In many cases, professional unclogging services are the ideal way to ensure a long-term solution. At Mr. Rooter of Napa, we specialize in eliminating deep clogs that DIY solutions can’t reach. Our experts have the tools, technologies, and techniques to identify the root source of the backup, provide immediate relief, and prevent future plumbing problems.
Telltale Signs of a Clogged Drain
Clogged drains can result from various factors, including but not limited to:
- Soap scum
- Hair buildup
- Grease, dirt, and debris
- Foreign objects, such as food particles and coffee grounds
- Kitchen waste, such as rice and pasta
- Tree roots
- Pipe corrosion or misalignment
There are many signs your drains are clogged. They include:
- Backed-up sinks and toilets: When there is no way for water to go through the pipes, it will back up after flushing the toilet or while running water in the sink.
- Pooling water: If you notice pooling water in the shower, toilet, or sink, the water likely has nowhere to go due to a clog.
- Gurgling or bubbling water: When the water in your toilet bowl or sink gurgles or bubbles, there's likely air trapped in the pipes due to a clog.
- Sewage odors: If you notice sewage odors coming from your drains, there's likely a clog somewhere in the plumbing system.
- Slow-draining sinks and showers: If you notice water taking longer than usual to drain, your drains are probably blocked. While it is tempting to pour chemical cleaner down the drain, this short-term fix can exacerbate the problem. We recommend calling a professional instead.
If left untreated, clogs can lead to unsanitary conditions in your home. Sewage odors can be toxic and pose health risks to you and your family, making it necessary to call in a professional immediately.
Mr. Rooter of Napa utilizes the latest technology and equipment to clear out even the toughest clogs. Our professionals have specialized training and years of experience. We’re equipped to handle even the most severe plumbing problems and help prevent future plumbing issues from arising.
Need plumbing assistance with clog? Call today!