A cracked drainage system can create a lot of problems for homeowners. Between sewage damage and flooding, these problems can result in serious damage to your home. Waste expelled from damaged drain lines can also cause major health issues for you and your family. Our trusted plumbers at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Long Island are available 24/7 to assess plumbing issues and to provide comprehensive sewer services. Whether you need us in the middle of the night or on a holiday, we'll be there.
Common Causes of Sewer Services in Long Island
While a variety of issues can damage your drain lines, resulting in the need for sewer services, the majority of issues come from a few specific sources:
- Ground vibrations from heavy construction nearby
- Gradual wear and tear from aging
- Improper layout, design, or installation
- Unknown backup from municipal waste lines
- Insufficient or improper maintenance
- Natural and gradual build-up caused by household debris (hair, toilet paper, food waste, grease, sludge, oil, etc.)
- Accidental build-up caused by disposing of items down drains and toilets that shouldn't be flushed (household items, diapers, toys, etc.)
- Invasive tree roots infiltrating drain pipe holes/joints
- Seasonal ground freezing and thawing
- Earthquakes caused by natural earth movement
- Issues or breakages from previous plumbing work
We are the top provider of expert Long Island sewer services and can have your system back to normal as soon as possible. Our team knows that each home is unique, so they will assess your home's specific needs and provide sewer services accordingly. Whether your system has a small crack that can be easily sealed or an entirely new line is required, Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Long Island is here to help.
Signs and Symptoms
Have you spotted water in your basement? Worried that a tree root may have infiltrated your lateral pipe? Smelling something off in your yard? You might have a main drain line issue. There are a few very distinct signs of a sewer clog and other problems all savvy homeowners should be aware of.
- A strong, foul odor in your basement or yard
- Clogged lines, sinks, and drainage fixtures result in slow drains
- New and unknown gurgling sounds from the toilets or drains
- Changes to the flow of water in your toilets
- Drainage issues in your bathtub, shower, and laundry machine
- Noticeable sewage backup in your major drains (toilet, tub, laundry drain)
If you’ve noticed any of these problems on or on your property, call our pro team right away. Leaving a damaged main drain to its own devices can lead to health issues, and can require extensive repairs—causing you significant stress and headaches.
Cracking and Shifting is Common
Catching a crack early makes all the difference when it comes to Long Island sewer services. The plumbing experts at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Long Island can evaluate your unique issue and provide repair recommendations, explaining the various options that are available to you. It's usual for most types of pipes to crack or shift due to extreme inner or outer pressure, particularly because of fluctuating temperatures. However, each common pipe variety can be prone to its own type of damage.
- PVC/ABS Plastic Pipes: Plastic pipes can get damaged when the interior water temperature exceeds the temperature guidelines for each material.
- Cast Iron Pipes: Cast iron pipes are susceptible to corrosion and rust. They will eventually break down.
- Clay Pipes: Clay pipes—which may be found in heritage or historic properties—can become brittle, resulting in numerous cracks. Clay pipes are especially vulnerable when installed incorrectly.
We Offer a Full Range of Sewer Services in Long Island
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Long Island, we're experts at all kinds of sewer services, both repair and replacement. Our team has helped countless Long Island homeowners and businesses fix damaged systems, so their plumbing—and lives—can return to normal. We employ a combination of our outstanding workmanship, years of experience, and cutting-edge tools and techniques to efficiently solve a range of problems. Among these tools and techniques are trenchless sewer line repair methods designed to repair the damage without destroying your landscaping or flooring.
- Preventative Sewer Maintenance: Regular inspections and cleaning will reduce the need for future Long Island sewer services. By removing debris and buildup before it becomes an issue with routine Long Island drain cleaning services, you can limit the risk of cracks or damage to your pipes. Typically, our certified plumbers suggest that annual sewer inspection and drain cleaning is best for most homes.
- Video Inspection: By using a small camera attached to a wire, our team is able to spot drainage problems without having to excavate your walls, floors, or landscaping. By using this tool, we'll spot signs of damage and establish the best repair or replacement plan.
When your pipes may be too damaged, or too old, for repairs to be sufficient, then you need replacement services. We offer a range of main drain line replacement services. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Long Island can advise you on the various replacement options that would be available for your specific home and budget.
Our goal is to ensure you're satisfied with our services, and that your main line works correctly for years to come. We will never pressure you to buy unnecessary services or equipment. Our upfront, transparent pricing ensures you know what you’re getting into before we even start. Ask our experts to explain anything you don’t understand or are unclear about—we're always happy to answer your questions. Although we’re focused on plumbing excellence, our primary concern is the safety and comfort of the homeowners we work with.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have questions about Long Island sewer services, including repairs and replacement? Read on to see if we answer them here. Or, if you'd prefer to speak to a person, our team is just a phone call away.
What Are the Signs of a Broken Sewer Pipe?
It can be tricky to spot the red flags that indicate there is an issue with your main drain line—short of sewage leaking out of your plumbing fixtures or into your basement. However, by familiarizing yourself with the following, you'll be able to hire sewer services more promptly:
- Foul smells, particularly of sewage
- Backed-up toilets
- Fixtures that back up when you flush the toilet, like the shower or laundry machine
- Green or soggy patches in your yard
- Frequent blockages and clogs
- Multiple fixtures clogged at the same time
- Slow moving drains
Who is Responsible for Long Island Sewer Line Repair?
Essentially, if the sewer line is damaged on your property, the property owner is responsible for the repair. This includes septic tank repairs/replacements in rural areas. If you're the homeowner, that means you have to take care of the problem. Whereas if you're a renter, then the property owner or building manager will be responsible for hiring Long Island sewer services.
However, if there is an issue with the municipal sewer system, then it's up to your local municipal government to fix it.
Are Sewer Line Repairs Covered by Homeowners Insurance?
It's best to ask your insurance provider about what is and isn't covered by your policy. Some insurers in Long Island have specific add-ons for sewer line damage, whereas others will cover issues that were sudden and not preventable. Keep in mind that most insurance policies do not cover issues that could have been prevented through maintenance and timely repairs. Thus, you should check with your insurance provider to fully understand your coverage options.
How Do You Fix a Drain Line Without Digging It Up?
Trenchless sewer line repair is the umbrella term for techniques that can fix your damaged main drain line without having to dig up the line itself. Until these techniques were invented, homeowners would have a serious headache on their hands if there was a problem with their drainage system. It meant that sections of their yard or basement would have to be dug up—resulting in serious property damage and expensive repairs. These days, pipe relining and bursting are two methods that avoid such headaches.
How Much Does It Cost to Repair a Main Sewer Line in Long Island?
How much it costs to fix a main line largely depends on the nature of the damage. Some jobs are easier to complete than others in that they take less time to repair or have less extensive damage to fix. Other jobs can take a while until all the work is completed. Also, there is usually a cost difference between different sewer services. It's hard to judge the cost of your unique repair without learning more information about the problem. That's why it's best to give our friendly team a call. We can provide a better estimate once we know more about the problem at hand.
Professional Long Island Sewer Services: Repair and Replacement
Our technicians will ensure you're knowledgeable and comfortable with the sewer services we're providing. If you ever have any questions, our plumbers and office staff are happy to answer you. We work hard to ensure that the solutions proposed are the best solutions for your home’s unique needs. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we take it very seriously. Our Long Island sewer services all include upfront pricing, so you know exactly what you’re getting into before we even start. We know that an issue with your sewer line can be stressful enough, so we want to make our sewer services as figuratively pain-free as possible.
Our team can repair and replace your cracked, warped, deformed, and collapsed sewer lines and pipes efficiently—while disrupting your life as little as possible. Think you might have a leak? Have you noticed slow-moving drains or the smell of sewage in your house? Time to call an expert plumber from Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Long Island.
Hire the Experts at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Long Island Today!
When you need expert Long Island sewer services, whether repair or replacement, trust the pros at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Long Island to get the job done right. Our skilled and hardworking service technicians have helped countless people in and near Long Island with their plumbing needs, across both Suffolk County and Nassau County.
Give us a call to book one of our expert plumbers today, or to learn more about our full range of services for everything from Long Island plumbing repair
to Long Island clogged drains