There are a few ways you can tell that you need a water line replaced or repaired. Checking your home and property will probably give you the answers you need if you think you have a problem with your water line.
- Check your yard for issues with leaking water or water pooling in certain spots. You may not see a puddle of water, which is why it is important to walk the whole yard, or follow your water line in the yard if you know where it is because you will most likely feel the puddle.
- If your water pressure was much better, then you probably have a problem with your water line.
- If you have a water bill that rises no matter how much you try to save money, then you could have a leak in your water line or other pipes.
- IF you start to see cracks in your foundation, this is an emergency. You have a leak that threatens the structure of your home, so you need to be aggressive in getting help quickly and getting it fixed right away.
- If you hear your toilets or sinks gurgle, you could have a problem with your water or sewer line.
Regardless of the problem with your water line, there is one important thing you need to know, and that is where the main water shut off valve is located in your home. You usually don’t have much time to find it in an emergency, so you should know exactly where it is and exactly how to shut it off when there is an emergency leak. Your shut off valve is usually located on the wall of the home that faces the street where your water line comes into your home. Walk those walls on each level of your home, but it is almost always at the basement level or first-floor level. Once you know where it is, make sure you know how to turn it off and back on properly. If you need help with your water line in Tacoma, WA, Mr. Rooter is just a call away for help!