Common Causes of Sewer Line Damage
Our professional plumbers are happy to answer any questions you have, including what causes damage to residential sewer lines. Sewer line damage is fairly common because your plumbing system runs 24/7, and water and waste are constantly running through the pipes. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Tacoma offers outstanding plumbing services for homeowners in Washington who need a sewer line repair or replacement. You may find yourself in a situation where your toilets, sinks, or drains are no longer usable. We offer fast and efficient sewer line replacement and repair services with minimal downtime or disruption to your life. Any pipe can break from extreme internal pressure caused by running water or the external pressure of the earth. Check out some common causes of residential sewer line damage:
- Lack of maintenance
- Poor sewer pipe installation, design, or layout
- Build-ups of grease, sludge, hair, toilet paper, and other debris
- Tree roots infiltrating joints or holes in the piping
- Wear and tear from aging pipes
- Cycles of the ground freezing and thawing
- Backups caused by city sewer lines
- Heavy construction in the area, earth movement, or earthquakes
Signs You Have a Broken Sewer Pipe
Knowing if you have a broken sewer pipe is critical if you want to save money and hassle by allowing our professional to address the problem early before you need to replace residential sewer lines for your home in Tacoma, Fircrest, or University Place, WA. Don’t panic when it comes to your potential residential sewer line repair costs. Repairing a sewer line is often more affordable than a residential sewer line replacement cost, but our team will provide you with a quote either way. You may have a broken sewer pipe at your home if you notice any of the following signs:
- Lack of water in toilets
- Noticeable sewer backup in bathtubs or toilets
- Flooded lawn area
- Bathtubs that won't drain or drain slowly
- Foul odors in your yard or basement
- Grass that is significantly greener around your sewer pipe
How Our Team Fixes Broken Sewer Lines
Our local plumbers start with a thorough examination and assessment of your home’s plumbing system and sewer line to determine the best way to fix it. We do everything we can to avoid sewer line replacement, but sometimes that option is best. Learn about some of the more common sewer line services we offer homeowners in Tacoma:
- Preventative Maintenance – Our preventive pipe maintenance services are designed to prevent your sewer line from getting damaged. Our team will inspect and clean sewer drains to avoid build-up from debris while avoiding clogs, cracks, and bursts.
- Pipe Relining – We can replace your pipes by adding new ones from the inside out. Our team can also reline existing sewer pipes with a sleeve to prevent cracks. We start by cleaning out your existing sewer pipe and then applying lining that hardens within a few hours.
- Burst Pipe Hydraulic Replacement – We pull a new sewer pipe through your old pipe when too much damage has occurred. Our trenchless technique will not tear up your property and uses hydraulics to break up your damaged pipe and replace it with a new line.
How Sewer Line Replacement Works
Sewer line repairs are not always possible, but Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Tacoma also specializes in sewer line replacement. We will explain your options and give you a quote while answering any questions. Our plumbers utilize trenchless techniques that keep your lawn intact and are cost-effective. You can rest easy knowing that we’ll solve all your sewer line problems.
Schedule Sewer Line Services Today
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Tacoma is here to solve your sewer problems, whether tree roots have ruined your lines, or you have sewage leaks. We will fix your cracked, broken, deformed, or collapsed sewer lines and our services are available 24/7 for emergencies. Contact us today to schedule service or request a job estimate.