Water Softener Installation in Bradenton, FL
Get a Water Softener & Water Filter Installed Now
A water softener is a water filtration system designed to remove high calcium and magnesium concentrations that make hard water hard. One of the most common water quality problems a homeowner can encounter is hard water. When a water softener is used, the water flows through this system, the hard water materials are removed and sodium ions are left in their place, leading to soft water being produced for use. Contact us now to get a job estimate on installation!
Call our team today at (941) 256-2619 for water softener installation near you!
While hard water can be consumed without much worry, it’s important to have a water softener installed in your home to ensure a high-quality water output. Hard water can contribute to dry skin and hair and alter the delicate pH balance of your skin. Soft water presents a wide variety of advantages to your home.
Some advantages of water softeners include:
- Saves You Money – Due to the mineral and calcium build up in the water, scale buildup and deposits are very common. Not only is hard water is known to destroy appliances over time, but the buildup can also cause clogs or further damage to your system. Having a water softener prevents mineral buildup, potentially saving you thousands on routine cleaning and repairs.
- Cleaner Hair and Softer Skin – Soft water contains fewer minerals than hard water, which is good for bathing and showering. With soft water, you are not only getting a better clean altogether, but you’re also treating your skin and hair to higher quality water.
- Brighter and Softer Clothes – Hard water can cause your clothes’ colors to fade quicker over time due to the deposits being left behind. Soft water is the optimal choice for the freshness and cleanliness of your laundry.
- Less time Cleaning – If you live with hard water, you have to clean more. That’s a fact. From rewashing dishes and clothes to needing to scrub constantly all water fixtures due to mineral buildup, a water softener saves you from cleaning more frequently to keep things in order.
- Cleans Better – Not only do water softeners prevent the hard buildups and streaks that occur, but soft water also cleans better. Soap of all kinds dissolves better in soft water, producing a better lather, for example, when doing the dishes.
Types of Water Softeners
The most traditional and common type of water filter is a salt-based system. Designed to provide support to the whole home, hard water particles are replaced by sodium ions to soften the water. These softeners are designed to remove the hard water causing minerals, but little else as a water filter should also be considered.
Another type of water softener is a salt-free softener. These types require less upkeep than the traditional model, but they don’t remove the water’s hard minerals. Instead, it neutralizes the elements to prevent them from creating the dreaded scale buildup. Additionally, the new magnetic water softeners act the same way.
Can I Install a Water Softener Myself?
In some cases, it is possible to install a water softener system yourself. This process tends to be easier if you already had a water softener system installed, and you just need to replace it. However, more complex installations might require the help of a licensed and insured plumber. If your water softener installation in Bradenton, FL, requires installing a system for the entire home, you want to place the system as close to the water entry point as possible. For example, the water flowing into your water softener system should be placed before the entry to the water heater system; if you do the reverse, the hot water could damage your water softener system. Likewise, softer water will extend the life of your water heater, as many water heater tanks are damaged long term by the accumulation of minerals.
If you have more questions about our water softener service near you, call our team of professionals at (941) 256-2619.
What Is A Water Filter?
While pure water is simply hydrogen and oxygen, your home’s running water contains much more than this. Water filters are designed to remove various toxins found in water, to provide you and your family with safe drinking water.
Some of the things water filters filter out include:
- Sand, dirt, and other insoluble waste
- Bacterial waste
- Heavy metals
- Variety of other toxins
Essentially, water filters will filter anything you or your family shouldn’t drink. While municipal water plants do their best to control the quality of a city’s water supply, it’s all too common for dangerous elements to be mixed it. Water filters ensure all the water in your home is safe to consume.
Types of Water Filters
When it comes to water filters, there are a few options. You can have a unit installed to provide your whole home with filtered water, or you can purchase under-the-sink filtration systems for the high-traffic areas in your home. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Bradenton, our team will take the time to learn about your unique needs to find the best water filter solution for your home.
The Mr. Rooter Difference
Whether you need a new water softener or filter, you can rely on our team to provide you with the services you need to keep your home’s water high-quality. When you call our Bradenton plumbing company, we’ll give you all the necessary testing to find the best water softener or filter you need, as well as a free quote for the unit and our installation services. Not only do we take the guesswork of picking out a new replacement for your home, but we’ll also assist with the installation all within the same day!